Wheel brace & jack; eye bolt for towing. (1 Viewer)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
This is serious !!!!!!
After 13 months of ownership, I have finally found the fire extinguisher !!

Now for the big one ! Where the h... is the wheel brace & Jack ????, and while we're at it, where's the eye bolt for towing me out of a sticky situation, i.e.a very muddy field ??

I have a 2007 (57 plater) Chausson Flash 08 with Fiat Ducato 130 chassis.

Can anyone help !! (please)
themogs

PS My dealer says they could be anywhere; call in whilst you're passing !!

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Under the passenger seat, pull the front cover off and pull out the box it's all in there, or should be:ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
This is serious !!!!!!
After 13 months of ownership, I have finally found the fire extinguisher !!

Now for the big one ! Where the h... is the wheel brace & Jack ????, and while we're at it, where's the eye bolt for towing me out of a sticky situation, i.e.a very muddy field ??

I have a 2007 (57 plater) Chausson Flash 08 with Fiat Ducato 130 chassis.

Can anyone help !! (please)
themogs

PS My dealer says they could be anywhere; call in whilst you're passing !!

Hi themogs,

Our Autocruise is on the Peugeot base which is much the same as a Fiat and our jack etc is all in a purpose made storage case which is stowed under the passenger seat and accessed from a drop down flap under the front of the seat.

Of course if you have a model supplied without a spare wheel there is a chance they may also not include a jack.:Doh:

Happy hunting, Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
And please be very very aware
The towing eye is NOT for being towed out of mud:Eeek: these eyes are designed for recovery purposes only, ie minimal straight line towing on tarmac roads
they will not stand up to vigorous use or towing or pulling at an angle, serious injury may well result from misuse:RollEyes:
Geo

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Under the passenger seat . Prise open the clips on the plastic front cover , this will fall forward . Will reveal a box in there containing the jack , brace & towing hook.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
When you find them, it's a very good idea to know exactly how to use them. Better to find out when you are relaxed and have the space and time rather than on the side of the road.

Also a good idea to ensure that the towing eye actually fits the anchor point on the front - I know of at least one instance where the wrong thread had been supplied making it useless.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I think the thread goes counter clockwise, so might not be the wrong thread.

As mentioned by others the towing eye is not a towing eye. It is intended to be used when the vehicle is on the back of a low loader to secure it to the vehicle.

If it was a towing eye it would be in the centre.

Must admit though, we all use it for that purpose and the manufacturers must know that.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I always fit the towing eye as soon as I get a vehicle and leave it attached.

I know that if I ever need it
a) I won't be able to find it
b) it will be dark/raining/snowing/muddy and won't be pleasant to fit.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
And please be very very aware
The towing eye is NOT for being towed out of mud:Eeek: these eyes are designed for recovery purposes only, ie minimal straight line towing on tarmac roads
they will not stand up to vigorous use or towing or pulling at an angle, serious injury may well result from misuse:RollEyes:
Geo

Yes, listen to Geo!

Towing eyes are for flat recovery only.

Even the recovery men don't trust them! You will see many use a different system to pull your car up (called brothers) as the towing eyes are notorious for breaking, bending or otherwise failing!

I have see some wonderful near misses - and a BMW destroyed after someone pulled it onto a truck up a steep drive - eye snapped, smashed the back window of the recovery lorry, and the car went back down the drive, into its' garage. Upon taking out the rear wall - the lot collapsed on the car!

Any decent recovery driver will use brothewrs and apply your handbrake a couple of clicks - that way of it rolls off, it stops when it gets on the flat.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back