Hi another new one (Just about) (1 Viewer)

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all, we have been looking for a MH for a year now,we loved a 6 berth/4berth/2berth but now think its a Apache634 hj line now.We just come back from the NEC show and we think we will spend my hard earned money :cry::cry:in the next day or two.This will be our first MH but we have had a caravan for 20+years.Looking to new adventures.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There were some cracking deals about , hope you can beat em down after, but I know the mfrs do offer extra incentives to the dealers manning their stands at shows - however, that remains to be seen doesn't it!

Good luck!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Pumbomb,

Exciting times, but you are wise not to rush in, there are plenty of good deals about and unless you know exactly what you want (Make Model Layout Age etc) then big shows are best for research rather than buying.

Far too many people buy at the end of an exhausted, confusing, excited two or three days of a show, only to regret it a short time later. no matter what the dealer tells you about show prices; I've never known an offer at a show that could not be repeated on the forecourt the following week.

95% of those who change their vans early do so because of the interior layout, get that right and the rest of the stuff, like the maker and the marque are of secondary importance. I was talking to a Funster at the NEC who is looking to change a 6 month old very expensive motorhome because the layout is wrong for them, it could cost them many thousands to change.

Spend time with the layout, sit on the loo, stand in the shower with all the doors closed, look at the cupboards, imagine them filled with saucepans and cereal boxes, lounge on the sofa etc... You have to be able to live with the layout, get that right and the chances are you won't buy again for many many years

Best of luck:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim is spot in. I lived with a wrong layout for 4 years and it does bug you a bit.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I spent 8 months looking at dealers and on the net before I decided my final prority list and when my perfect one came up for sale I bought it, when I was at the show yesterday the only one that would have improved what I have for our lifestyle was the RS at £135k !!!
Never rush into anything just make a list as you go along on the priorities that suit you and keep looking until the right one comes up.
Mine was 16 months old and was 45% less that the original list price !!:thumb:

Dave
Who would never buy brand new !!

OP
OP
plumbomb

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Have gone and done it, have a AutoTrail Apache 634 on order.Seemed a good idea to leave it till new reg comes out (We dont travel in winter)so looking forward to the spring.Also has anyone any info about towing a large motor bike, i have a Triumph Sprint and like to take it with us sometimes, when we Caravaned my wife drove , i know she upto driving the MH but if we head upto Scotland and further afield it will be better to tow it .Many thanks

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I couldn't see myself wanting to make up a bed each night which is why I went for a fixed bed, but every time I look at the U shaped rear lounge I know from an entertaining point of view how perfect that would be.

The Frankia's I looked at at the NEC solved that problem with the most ingenious U shaped lounge where the backrest cushions just raise up out of the way. The problem is if I place an order for one I'll have to find somewhere to store all the gear I put in my huge Garage

I will say again just how impressed I was with the finish and standard of materials Frankia used.
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
[HI]Well I couldn't see myself wanting to make up a bed each night which is why I went for a fixed bed, but every time I look at the U shaped rear lounge I know from an entertaining point of view how perfect that would be.[/HI]
The Frankia's I looked at at the NEC solved that problem with the most ingenious U shaped lounge where the backrest cushions just raise up out of the way. The problem is if I place an order for one I'll have to find somewhere to store all the gear I put in my huge Garage

I will say again just how impressed I was with the finish and standard of materials Frankia used. ::bigsmile:

I always thought that as well until I sat in an Autotrail and actually made the bed up - very simple.

The Autotrail Scout we have gone for has the option of 2 singles in the rear lounge as well which are even easier.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back