Dripping Fridge (1 Viewer)

Rosie

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
North West
Funster No
Help please, water drips from the metal flanges of the Thetford fridge in our Cheyenne 635. It runs down icicles and some drips into the channel and goes down the drain (as it should) but some of it drips into the body of the fridge and ends up in a puddle on the fridge base. I have experimented with different temperature settings but to no avail. Anyone else got this problem or any suggestions on how to deal with it?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This may sound daft, but your not putting warm food in there are you ?.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Help please, water drips from the metal flanges of the Thetford fridge in our Cheyenne 635. It runs down icicles and some drips into the channel and goes down the drain (as it should) but some of it drips into the body of the fridge and ends up in a puddle on the fridge base. I have experimented with different temperature settings but to no avail. Anyone else got this problem or any suggestions on how to deal with it?

We had the same problem in one of the big thetford fridges in our caravan, in ours the fridge actually constantly measured the temperature of the fridge and automatically defrosted when ice started forming on the vanes, apparently there was a modification which was basically a strip of white plastic about 30 - 40 mm and the width of the fridge this was clipped to the vanes to direct the dripping water into the channel where it should go, pretty poor design but the mod did cure the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Frame heater on refrigerator

Our tracker refrigerator has a "frame heater" to stop water condensing and causing puddles.

You might need to switch this on to prevent your problem.

MikeD:thumb:

OP
OP
R

Rosie

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
North West
Funster No
Thanks for that Full Timer. We do have a strip with similar measurements but it is not directing the water into the draining channel, perhaps we can adjust it. I have just sent him who (thinks he) must be obeyed out to have a look at it.

OP
OP
R

Rosie

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
North West
Funster No
Hey Full Timer, he found the 60ml strip and has adjusted it. I think we will have to wait till we take a trip and it is dripping then we can experiment with the angle and the height of the strip. Apparently he has discovered you can slide the strip up and down the vanes. Thank you for your help. May I trouble you further---the electric switch for the water heater is driving me mad. It is halfway down the right hand side of the saucepan cupboard (about 1 foot in and about 6" from the floor). Consequently you have to get onto your knees and stretch to reach it. To look at it you have to lie prone on the floor! Any suggestions how we can either put it in a more accessible place or add an extension to it?

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Hey Full Timer, he found the 60ml strip and has adjusted it. I think we will have to wait till we take a trip and it is dripping then we can experiment with the angle and the height of the strip. Apparently he has discovered you can slide the strip up and down the vanes. Thank you for your help. May I trouble you further---the electric switch for the water heater is driving me mad. It is halfway down the right hand side of the saucepan cupboard (about 1 foot in and about 6" from the floor). Consequently you have to get onto your knees and stretch to reach it. To look at it you have to lie prone on the floor! Any suggestions how we can either put it in a more accessible place or add an extension to it?

I assume the the water heater switch is just like a fused spur,it could be moved but you would probably need to extend the wiring. It is an easy enough job but if not experienced in messing with electrics it's best left to an electrician.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I know this is different to your prob, but on my last van the fridge always got wet it wasn,t until the PCB board packed in and I took of the outside vent cover I found the drain pipe had a bung in the end what a daft place to have one, took it out and the prob stopped. Pete :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back