Furious!!!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am on a hard standing that is thin and long. Two motorhomers have just pulled into the CL and one has parked on my Hardstanding blocking me in. I just went out to ask them to move as I need to go out later to fill up with LPG.

They have refused to move so I am now trapped on my pitch:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

their friend is now proceeding to park in front of a caravans bay window within 3 feet of the towing hitch...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Cheeky , rude bar stewards:Angry:

Can the site owner sort it?

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Go and remind the site owner about the 6m rule that the Caravan Club adheres to

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I am on a hard standing that is thin and long. Two motorhomers have just pulled into the CL and one has parked on my Hardstanding blocking me in. I just went out to ask them to move as I need to go out later to fill up with LPG.

They have refused to move so I am now trapped on my pitch:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

their friend is now proceeding to park in front of a caravans bay window within 3 feet of the towing hitch...

Its times like this where my 800watt exterior sound system comes in to its own
Have you no anti social behavior up yer sleeve Karl, go for a piss outside yer van, fire up the bbq and cook some wet grass:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Send for some funsters where are you
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ps
You've only got to rile him into thumping you and the local constabulary will take him away for you:Cool:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The caravaner asked them to move as they had blocked their car in, they are now parked blocking access to the fresh water tap and bins:Angry:

I give up. It means I will have to use my emergency calor cylinder. There is no way I am attempting to get off the pitch across the grass for two reasons. One I might get stuck. Two I might not and they will pinch my pitch.

Anyway. It's friday so tonight I may go out and get steaming drunk and stagger back. Trying to get into the wrong van at night when drunk tends to create some noise :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nahh. I don't have that nasty streak in me..

If they had asked me before parking there I am sure I could have come to some compromise. The fact they they just did what they wanted without consideration was what riled me...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
A clear breach of the pitch spacing rule and in the event of a fire a serious risk of it spreading ..
I would speak to the CL owner and ask if they are aware of the rule..

Normally and at the discretion of the Warden outfits may be positioned on the pitch in any way, provided that there is not less than 6 metres (20 feet) spacing between facing walls of adjacent caravans, motor caravans or trailer tents

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Its times like this where my 800watt exterior sound system comes in to its own
Have you no anti social behavior up yer sleeve Karl, [HI]go for a piss outside [/HI]yer van, fire up the bbq and cook some wet grass:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Send for some funsters where are you
Geo

Or better still, if they dont have a lockable cap on their fresh water tank...:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If it's a club registered CL and the owner is not helping then I would suggest a call to the club with a request/instruction that they contact the owner to sort it.
Brian

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
a clear case that motorhome owners dont give a toss about anyone else:roflmto:
hang on that cant be right?? i own a motorhome:Doh:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
You can borrow our x2 kids if you like, that usually gives our pitch a 50m clear area :thumb:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
They have left their hookup lead across my only escape route. It might get tripped over or driven over before the weekend is out...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know that this is a silly, namby pamby, left wing, do gooding, pc crap, dream on sort of "Guardian" suggestion but have you considered thinking about answering their bad, unfriendly behaviour with good, friendly behaviour? :Smile:

Wander over with a smile and a couple of cans of beer to share with them, find out a little about them and their troubles... crack a few jokes and then ask them if they would be able to help tow you off the wet grass if you get stuck driving around their van... :winky:

If they tell you to p**s off, then let their tyres down and put dog poo on the mat outside their door.

JJ :Cool:

I love reading all these post advertising the advantages of off-site motorhoming...

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
chuck some bread on their roof after dark, come daylight they will have a flock of seagulls shouting mine mine mine mine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I will never park in the way of a MH with a funster badge in the window after seeing what could happen to me on here :ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Ps
You've only got to rile him into thumping you and the local constabulary will take him away for you:Cool:

but they would leave the motorhome where it was :Doh::Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Or better still, if they dont have a lockable cap on their fresh water tank...:thumb:

they never work properly anyway if you just turn it 90% will undo even if locked :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
....anyone got a nice old 2 stroke genny to lend him

That would do it, especially at bed time or 6 am.
There is a case for carrying / using a genny after all.

With inconsiderate pillocks like these common sense and politeness dont work.

Obviously the site owner and the CC are the first ports of call.
If that doesnt work, resort to the advice already given, BBQ, genny etc., but ALL AT ONCE AND LATE AT NIGHT / EARLY MORNING.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
sit outside your van talking to yourself with lots of swear words LOUDLY,while sharperning a big knife,they will move:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks guys, between you lot and paypal I am smiling again.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I am not letting the ignorant bar stewards get me down even though they are a noisy bunch of $%£!s

Just trying to get some work finished then off to the pub for a few and a bite to eat :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
personally i think the thing that would wind them up the most is the hookup tripping out just as they are getting into some crap on the tv.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Karl, I have to say I take my hat off to you for the amount of restraint you have shown, I know things should not wind you up easily but bad manners does it for me every time.

Can't you get a few mates from the pub to come back with you and have a bit of party.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back