LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Any one interested in upgrading from motorhome to RV????? I have a Monaco Diplomat 36B 1999 fully equiped for Wild camping and Full timing, looking to swap with cash adjustment either way for Motorhome about 20' 23' with a rear end bedroom would prefer Hymer but all considered, within about £20,00 to £35000 area, as am looking for £35000 for mine, as this is a high end RV and one of the best type going, but please note this RV requires an HGV or Class C driving licence which can be obtained from one of out members who has a driving school in Leicester if required, Please drop me a pm if anyone interested, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Any one interested in upgrading from motorhome to RV????? I have a Monaco Diplomat 36B 1999 fully equiped for Wild camping and Full timing, looking to swap with cash adjustment either way for Motorhome about 20' 23' with a rear end bedroom would prefer Hymer but all considered, within about £20,00 to £35000 area, as am looking for £35000 for mine, as this is a high end RV and one of the best type going, but please note this RV requires an HGV or Class C driving licence which can be obtained from one of out members who has a driving school in Leicester if required, Please drop me a pm if anyone interested, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken
This thread will make interesting reading. take note Bob. Could be the way to go:winky:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Any one interested[HI] in upgrading from motorhome to RV[/HI]????? I have a Monaco Diplomat 36B 1999 fully equiped for Wild camping and Full timing, looking to swap with cash adjustment either way for Motorhome about 20' 23' with a rear end bedroom would prefer Hymer but all considered, within about £20,00 to £35000 area, as am looking for £35000 for mine, as this is a high end RV and one of the best type going, but please note this RV requires an HGV or Class C driving licence which can be obtained from one of out members who has a driving school in Leicester if required, Please drop me a pm if anyone interested, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Upgrading Garry?

Upgrading?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Blimey Garry, how you going to manage. :whatthe:

No washing machine or tumble dryer !!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck finding what you want, I know your getting Itchy Feet and like us, the journey south is getting closer, but you need an A Class and I don't think you will be happy with anything else, once you have had the comfort and space you have got, you will soon get cabin fever.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Good luck finding what you want, I know your getting Itchy Feet and like us, the journey south is getting closer, but you need an A Class and I don't think you will be happy with anything else, once you have had the comfort and space you have got, you will soon get cabin fever.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Haha know what you mean, be careful out there and hope to see you 2 somewhere in the SUN, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Garry you could always include a HGV course in the price :thumb: call me if interested

All the best Rick

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
New one on me, I had no idea an HGV was required for an RV.:Eeek:
Am not sure about the weight, but I would say somewhere around 11 tons. If its any consolation, your not alone in thinking that an HGV is not required to drive an RV of this weight.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years

We thought you were looking for an RV Bob?????????

Nigel & Pamala

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes you do if its over 7500kgs :thumb:
Give me something to compare that to, how much does yours or Bobs RV weight. Not that I am thinking of getting an RV, just curious. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We thought you were looking for an RV Bob?????????

Nigel & Pamala

Still not decided, bungalows not sold,:cry: so it will be off the market end of November until we get back in May. ::bigsmile:

Do you think Bob could handle a big one again LOL, interesting thought though, BOB you interested then?????? Hope to see you 2 soon somewhere, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Got the licence Garry just cant get the medical. :Doh:

And we have had many years getting 9 on a good day to the gallon, :winky: last trip Germany we got 28.2. :thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Give me something to compare that to, how much does yours or Bobs RV weight. Not that I am thinking of getting an RV, just curious. :thumb:

Bobs Is a 3.5t motorhome, and mine is a 13t motorhome/RV mine is more like a National express coach size and Bobs is more of a big transit luton size?????? hope this helps you and others come to that, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Bobs Is a 3.5t motorhome, and mine is a 13t motorhome/RV mine is more like a National express coach size and Bobs is more of a big transit luton size?????? hope this helps you and others come to that, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Not certain but I would say Bobs is nearer to 5.5 ton any thing over 7500Kg needs a C licence over 3500Kg -7500Kg C1 licence

All the best Rick

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Hope we are not getting into lengths here Buttons :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My 29ft B Class has a GVW of 6577kg probably similar to Bobs.
A 32ft A Class Thor Hurricane with no slide out comes in at around 7200kg gvw
There are some A Class RVs up to about 34ft with slide outs which just sneak under 7500kg.
7500kg gvw (8250kg gtw) being the limit for a C1+E with 107 licence
:thumb:

OP
OP
flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
If anyone wants to do a swap i will pay for you to take your HGV or class C test in Leicester, for 1 go. Cant do better than that ha, Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
Hi Gary, just being nosey on your thread here. We have just baught our first MH- now I am interested in finding out how to upgrade from standard licence to the one for 3500 to 5000 gtw? Would there be any chance of getting in touch with your contact?

Thanks

OP
OP
flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Hi Gary, just being nosey on your thread here. We have just baught our first MH- now I am interested in finding out how to upgrade from standard licence to the one for 3500 to 5000 gtw? Would there be any chance of getting in touch with your contact?

Thanks

Hi, yes of coarse as said above contact Rick motor roaming on this site or our sister RVOV site, but if you passed your car driving t:shout:est before 1997 i think then you already have the entitlement to drive up to 7.5t, Otherwise Rick will sort you out no problem Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Come on Gary, get the damn thing sold and get your desert wellies out and jump on this Moroccan joby. You only have two months to get yourself sorted.
After living in a truck for as long as you have, a VW would be like a hotel room :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Come on Gary, get the damn thing sold and get your desert wellies out and jump on this Moroccan joby. You only have two months to get yourself sorted.
After living in a truck for as long as you have, a VW would be like a hotel room :ROFLMAO:

Hi Dave, yes i would really love to do the Moroccan Joby, been virtually everywhere but never Morocco, but no one seems to want to buy a MANS motor :ROFLMAO: seriously though, do hope you and all that go with you have a great time, and well done for suggesting and organizing it, and yes a vw would be a bit small but i will have to get used to it and enjoy it:winky::winky: Best Regards mate Garry Flatpackchicken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back