Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Over the last week or so the BBC have performed some frequency changes for some of their TV and radio channels.

BBC Three / CBBC and BBC News will move to DSat6 (Astra 1N tp 48 - frequency 10818 V 22 5/6)

BBC ALBA and BBC One North East & Cumbria will both move to DSat2 (Astra 1N tp 47 - frequency 10803 H 22 5/6)

BBC Four / CBeebies and BBC Red Button stream 1 will move to DSat1 (Astra 1N tp 45 frequency 10773 H 22 5/

And last night radio stations moved from 11954 to other frequencies
10.788 V SR 22.000 FEC 5/6

BBC RADIO 3
BBC RADIO 4 FM
BBC RADIO WS (BBC WORLD SERVICE UK ONLY VERSION)
BBC RADIO WALES
BBC RADIO CYMRU
BBC RADIO SCOTLAND
BBC RADIO ULSTER
BBC 6 MUSIC
BBC RADIO 4 EXTRA
BBC R N GAEL
BBC RADIO 4 LW

10.803 H SR 22.000 FEC 5/6

BBC RADIO 1
BBC RADIO 2
BBC RADIO 5 LIVE
BBC RADIO 5 SPORTS EXTRA
BBC RADIO LONDON
BBC RADIO 1XTRA
BBC ASIAN NETWORK

Sky and freesat boxes should automatically update. If not a reboot should solve the problems.

Also of note is that the BBC will be reducing the number of "red button" streams from 5 to 1. SO a BIG reduction in the number of sports available on the red button.

All covered in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthe...ucing-BBC-Red-Button-and-expanding-BBC-One-HD

The result of these changes will mean all their channels will be on Astra 1N, presumably all ready for the moved to 2F.

It will also mean the closure of frequency 11954 h, on the astra 2 south beam, that for many years has carried the BBC radio channels.

It may mean, that if no new channels move to 11954, and there is no signal or data available on that frequency, then any system that uses that frequency to "locate and lock" onto the UK TV satellite may need to have a new frequency input into their system - in the same way many system had when the old 12441 frequency was closed earlier this year.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I had to reinstall my satellite

I had to reinstall my free to air satellite yesterday in the house... BBC News was some indian program .. I had to wipe the lot and reinstall both Astra 1 and 2

Got it back... but now will have to spend hours trimming out all the rubbish stations ... over 800 down loaded on one and 550 on the other.. pain in the bum.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I had to reinstall my free to air satellite yesterday in the house... BBC News was some indian program .. I had to wipe the lot and reinstall both Astra 1 and 2

Got it back... but now will have to spend hours trimming out all the rubbish stations ... over 800 down loaded on one and 550 on the other.. pain in the bum.

Bob
You have the RV to do yet.:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
for some reason the RV does it

You have the RV to do yet.:Smile:

I cannot do it at the house as the house blocks out the satellite view. But in the past we have found when we switch it on the channels were up dated. Anyway, doubt I will worry about it.. the next owner can read the manuals and play with it. It is now all closed down for the winter and everything is off the RV and will be sold either now or in the spring as it is. One less satellite to worry about... the house one is bad enough... I was amazed at how many satellites are now available when I did the search. loads of them.

I just did the Astra's

Bob:Blush:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I cannot do it at the house as the house blocks out the satellite view. But in the past we have found when we switch it on the channels were up dated. Anyway, doubt I will worry about it.. the next owner can read the manuals and play with it. It is now all closed down for the winter and everything is off the RV and will be sold either now or in the spring as it is. One less satellite to worry about... the house one is bad enough... I was amazed at how many satellites are now available when I did the search. loads of them.

I just did the Astra's

I don't have that problem, Virgin do it all for me.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
oh so nice to be Rich Buttons

I don't have that problem, Virgin do it all for me.:thumb:

It is so nice to be rich Buttons... Virgin....... me one off buy my satellite dish ... got rid of sky 5 years ago and have long ago got my money back not paying monthly fees to people like Sky or Virgin.

The sat dish allows me up to 6,000 channels... for free ....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It is so nice to be rich Buttons... Virgin....... me one off buy my satellite dish ... got rid of sky 5 years ago and have long ago got my money back not paying monthly fees to people like Sky or Virgin.

As marketing would say, you have to look at the whole package. TV...Telephone...Broadband. Good reliable fast and easy peasy, take all the benefits and the price is comparable. :winky:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Must be nice to be rich Bob. All that money for a sat dish and decoder. We poor people have to make do with the aerials that were already installed when we moved here over 20 years ago :roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
less than £400

Must be nice to be rich Bob. All that money for a sat dish and decoder. We poor people have to make do with the aerials that were already installed when we moved here over 20 years ago :roflmto:

To have it installed and purchased less than £400... that is cheap compared to sky or virgin.

Bob

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
For once it was good to have a Sky box as there was no interruption for the Sky box, it just carried on as though nothing happened.
Not all Freesat boxes can do it automatically, I have re-tuned 3 on our site in the last few days and because of where we live, between Scotland & England, my Freeview has changed over to Scottish local news from TT & Border.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back