Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
A good friend of mine who drives HGVs on the continent has just emailed me all about this company who supply a phone simm that is cheap to use in Europe.::bigsmile:

Thought this might be of interest to other funsters , in particular those that travel in and around Europe months at a time. Which is what we intend to do next year. Here's the link:

togglemobile

I must add I have no association with the company. I will do a bit more research tomorrow even though I have made up my mind to buy a simm. I have a spare phone I can use it in on a pay as you go basis. When we do embark on our adventure I will cancel my monthly contract with Tesco and migrate my number over to the "togglemobile" simm. This then will be our primary phone.

Also found promotional codes (FBB012TM and VEL000TM) which allow £7.50 off the £25 simm. ( Did a dry run prior to posting this info ) :thumb:

I would be very interested in what you guys have to say, even though I have to call it a day now. An early 3am start again forces me to slumber.

Dai

Must add, the phone is unlocked able to use on any network which I think you require for this simm to be beneficial.

Last edited:

togglemobile

Free Member
Oct 17, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
A good friend of mine who drives HGVs on the continent has just emailed me all about this company who supply a phone simm that is cheap to use in Europe.::bigsmile:

Thought this might be of interest to other funsters , in particular those that travel in and around Europe months at a time. Which is what we intend to do next year. Here's the link:

togglemobile

I must add I have no association with the company. I will do a bit more research tomorrow even though I have made up my mind to buy a simm. I have a spare phone I can use it in on a pay as you go basis. When we do embark on our adventure I will cancel my monthly contract with Tesco and migrate my number over to the "togglemobile" simm. This then will be our primary phone.

Also found promotional codes (FBB012TM and VEL000TM) which allow £7.50 off the £25 simm. ( Did a dry run prior to posting this info ) :thumb:

I would be very interested in what you guys have to say, even though I have to call it a day now. An early 3am start again forces me to slumber.

Dai

Must add, the phone is unlocked able to use on any network which I think you require for this simm to be beneficial.

Hi Dai,

My name is Sofia and I'm the Senior Marketing Manager for toggle mobile.

I saw this post through Goggle Alerts and would like to make myself available for any question or help you may need.

Best,
Sofia

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a phone simm that is cheap to use in Europe.::bigsmile:.

Seems a bit weird though, a different number for each country, so your contacts have to guess which country you are in ?????????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

togglemobile

Free Member
Oct 17, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Seems a bit weird though, a different number for each country, so your contacts have to guess which country you are in ?????????

Hi Brian,

It's actually very simple, people will call you to their local country number it doesn't matter where you are.

Example: You have a UK, Spanish, German and French number on your toggle mobile. People from UK will call you to your UK number, Spanish people will call you to your Spanish number, German to German number and French to your French number. This way they will pay local rates because they will be calling a local number from their country and you will receive the call for free (in over 60 countries). It doesn't matter where you are, just give your toggle mobile number that is local to that particular person.

You can have up to 9 on a single Sim, always active.

Hope it helps!

Best,
Sofia

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
toggle mobile

Is it really payg or does it need more money every 30 days or so?does any un-used credit get carried over?

togglemobile

Free Member
Oct 17, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is it really payg or does it need more money every 30 days or so?does any un-used credit get carried over?

It's pay as you go, completely prepaid.
All you need to do to your credit not expire is use a paid service (for example make a call or send a text message) every 80 days.

Best,
Sofia

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
I used something similar when touring the US, but is available to us in the UK and covers Europe.

http://www.ekit.com/ekit/home/

One interesting feature is the Travel Journal which updates a webpage with your location allowing friends and family to know where you are and providing a record on your return.

I guess most would be interested in the France option, details here
http://www.ekit.com/ekit/MobileInfo/Service/france_mobiho

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It wont break the bank to use a normal uk pay as you go mobile. I am not kidding listening to some of you Funsters is like listening to my grandmother 30 years ago. You pay £40000 for a motorhome and you are trying to save a penny here and twopence there. For Gods sake there are no pockets in a shroud. Spend your money and leave the kids nowt. I feel better now. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
toggle mobile

Does it really matter. Its cheap enough to use your Pay as you go mobile. You probably paid £30 or £40 grand for your van and you are worried about the cost of the telephone. There are no pockets in a shroud. Enjoy and spend your money. You do not have to leave money to your kids and grandkids Let them earn it like you did. I feel better now i have said that. Just live your life and keep travelling. BUSBY.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Does it really matter. Its cheap enough to use your Pay as you go mobile. You probably paid £30 or £40 grand for your van and you are worried about the cost of the telephone. There are no pockets in a shroud. Enjoy and spend your money. You do not have to leave money to your kids and grandkids Let them earn it like you did. I feel better now i have said that. Just live your life and keep travelling. BUSBY.

Lot's of sweeping statements there that will probably be wrong for the vast majority of us.

I paid £2,300 for my van not 30-40K. I don't have kids or grandkids but also don't have massive earnings. Each extra £ I spend on the phone is a £ I can't spend on beer or diesel.
Some people use there phones more than others so it will be more than £1-2 saved...

Threads like this are useful to a lot of us. If it bores you don't read it...

Last edited:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.

I spent 6000 euros on my old dethleffs hard earned money,If saving on phone costs means i can talk to more of my kids and grandchildren(12+) then thats the way to go its the cheap way or no way,anyway with skype I can SHOW them where there moneys going ::bigsmile:

@gromett ..[HI]Some people use there phones more than others so it will be more than £1-2 saved[/HI]... :thumb::thumb:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Seems a good deal....but I wonder which network they use in Spain as some networks are rubbish and as I spend long periods in Spain I would like to think I could get a signal.

I suppose the best thing is try and contact them and ask, if its a good network I will go for it.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I suppose the best thing is try and contact them and ask, if its a good network I will go for it.

Mind you, you've got to be less than impressed if

"My name is Sofia and I'm the Senior Marketing Manager for toggle mobile."

won't spend a tenner to talk up her product.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I noticed that the locally assigned numbers expire after 30 days - I assume a new one is then issued?

Also mentioned is a small fee to retain the same number...anyone know how much this is?

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I noticed that the locally assigned numbers expire after 30 days - I assume a new one is then issued?

Also mentioned is a small fee to retain the same number...anyone know how much this is?

On the site it says that to keep the number past 30 days is £5 per year.

Hope that helps.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I am with T Mobile on a rolling contract

I use their roaming top up ( £5.00 per month ) all over the Eu. Calls are charged at 12p per minute, incoming 5p per minute ( but... thinking about it.......... I do have an OLD contract.. I believe it is not longer available so this info is proly of no use at all I am afraid... !! )

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Mind you, you've got to be less than impressed if

"My name is Sofia and I'm the Senior Marketing Manager for toggle mobile."

won't spend a tenner to talk up her product.

Give her a pat on the back Brian:Smile::Smile:....she is on the ball to pick up the thread and answer our questions.......at least she is trying.

Good on her !

barry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back