Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Hi

Looking for advice again.

Weather being good after a first very frosty night we had a day out in our Burstner and were surprised when the toilet wouldn't flush. Then found taps wouldn't run. Then discovered water had been ejected outside the van.

Got the manual out and discovered that at 6 degrees or less the water protection valve operates and empties all the waer from the hot and cold water tanks. I suppose this is quite a good thing to have but isn't 6 degrees a bit high? After all, living in Staffs 6 degrees is quite Springlike! Anything we can do to change this?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can AT GREAT RISK hold the red knob up with a clothes peg.

But forget it's there and it could cost you BIG MONEY.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I use a R clip as it is easier to fit than a clothes peg. I the winter we drain down every time we get home.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi

Looking for advice again.

Weather being good after a first very frosty night we had a day out in our Burstner and were surprised when the toilet wouldn't flush. Then found taps wouldn't run. Then discovered water had been ejected outside the van.

Got the manual out and discovered that at 6 degrees or less the water protection valve operates and empties all the waer from the hot and cold water tanks. I suppose this is quite a good thing to have but isn't 6 degrees a bit high? After all, living in Staffs 6 degrees is quite Springlike! Anything we can do to change this?

Hi Leave the boiler on low that should do the trick has the water within will be hot. Pete :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I always clip mine up but leave a note on the dash to remind me to unclip it when we move off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back