Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Plus postage.

Now €16 per day. It will soon overprice itself.

Pete:Cool:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Can not understand why it renews at the end of Dec, Surely that is when it is needed the most. when you are away over winter months it is a pain to get the new card.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Can not understand why it renews at the end of Dec, Surely that is when it is needed the most. when you are away over winter months it is a pain to get the new card.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm wintering in Spain when it's published, so have to get a relative to send the new card out to me.

Whoever thought a December publication was a good idea, has no concept of real motor homing.

Pete:Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Me too
Always get our investment back at the very first stop !!

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
As a subscriber to ACSI it is only 9.95 euro somewhere round about £8 and you are first on the mailing list. Now thats what you call good value.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Bought a subscription so 9.95 for us, I think you can have it delivered abroad can't you,?

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Buggeration !!!
I am an ACSI subscriber too.. Did not even THINK about it :Doh:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
The subscription is really a two year commitment to purchase the book and you can have it delivered abroad cost depends on which country. It's 2 euro for the UK, I guess we are abroad if you are from the Nederlands!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Love the ACSI system. I ordered the book to be delivered to a site in Spain last year and it never arrived (I felt it was never sent...) numerous emails drew no response. A couple of posts on their Facebook page did though, including a phone call from them (they found the emails) and a book was swiftly sent to me in Spain. Jane :)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just was ordering when I saw the post about subscriber discounts - delivered € 11.95

but hadn't paid yet as didnt have my purse at hand thankfully

Now ordered direct from Acsi

I too had forgotten that we are members :Doh:

Kath

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010

Vicarious Books will send it to any camp site in Europe..... from/after (approx) 2nd week in December

Regards Bryan

Just ordered mine, by Subscription, direct from ACSI website €9.95 per year for two years + €5.50 postage to Spain

B

Last edited:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Yes i am aware they post to were you require but if you are travelling you do not always know were you can get it delivered to. do you sit on one site waiting for it to arrive?

The point was why is it renewed 31st Dec, when surely this is when most people want to use it.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Yes i am aware they post to were you require but if you are travelling you do not always know were you can get it delivered to. do you sit on one site waiting for it to arrive?

The point was why is it renewed 31st Dec, when surely this is when most people want to use it.

True in your case perhaps, but does not necessarily hold true for everybody, we are fortunate to be able to use it 12 months of the year but limit use to the looooong Spanish Low Season. I would guess that whatever date was chosen for From/To period there would be cause for complaint from some quarter.

Regards, Bryan

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
True in your case perhaps, but does not necessarily hold true for everybody, we are fortunate to be able to use it 12 months of the year but limit use to the looooong Spanish Low Season. I would guess that whatever date was chosen for From/To period there would be cause for complaint from some quarter.

Regards, Bryan

I thought it was a low season card, then it stands to reason that people would not be using it in high season. It could be changed then.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
They acknowledged todays order as 2012 :Doh:so I have messaged them to point out that i am already a 2012 member and need the subscription from 2013.Lets hope they can get it right this time!

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
I thought it was a low season card, then it stands to reason that people would not be using it in high season. It could be changed then.

Very true. I could have worded it better, but I meant that here in Spain the "Low Season" lasts (regionally) for about 41 weeks of the year and with astute planning we therefore use the card throughout the greater part of the year.

For us, using your point, the card ideally would run from 1 August to 31 July each year for outside those months the card is usable, in Spain, and in July/August we would be in France in any case....using Aires.

Regards, Bryan

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
ACSI card

I reallyhave to ask the question.......
What actually is the ACSI card please, i realise its a type of listed site. directory, but other than that know very little ( nothing new there then! ),
Please forgive my ignorence.it comes naturally !!!,
Ken. ( Beerdrinker ) :drink: :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
I reallyhave to ask the question.......
What actually is the ACSI card please, i realise its a type of listed site. directory, but other than that know very little ( nothing new there then! ),
Please forgive my ignorence.it comes naturally !!!,
Ken. ( Beerdrinker ) :drink: :thumb:

Hi Ken
The ACSI card gives a discount at all the camps listed in the books that Come with it, they give you info and directions to the sites we have used them for the last 5 years and find them useful for early season abroad , I have ordered for 2013 we leave on the 13th Jan so hope it arrives before we go or daughter will have to post on to Spain. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Ken
The ACSI card gives a discount at all the camps listed in the books that Come with it, they give you info and directions to the sites we have used them for the last 5 years and find them useful for early season abroad , I have ordered for 2013 we leave on the 13th Jan so hope it arrives before we go or daughter will have to post on to Spain. Pete :thumb:

In addition at a cost there is a dvd for loading ACSI on PC. Very handy as all the info is available with locations on map :thumb:

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Can you opt for the DVD instead of the book?

Hiya, don't think so, with the books come an ACSI card same size as a credit card that you sign and use when paying on site.
The DVD does not have that and is not updated every year like the book which is valid for 12 months only .

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hiya, don't think so, with the books come an ACSI card same size as a credit card that you sign and use when paying on site.
The DVD does not have that and is not updated every year like the book which is valid for 12 months only .

Yep good point , you need the card. Pete

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
ACSI will release the GPS download for the discount sites usually early in new year. I usually convert it to an Autoroute file and each of the balloons contains the site name and the page ref in the current book. We had the DVD a couple of years ago and it was a complete mapping and routing guide and it was also the full sites that are ACSI verified not just the discount off peak ones that most of us use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back