MotorhomeFun's Position & Future (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am pleased to be able to report that the site is presently just about making ends meet:Smile:

Our aim throughout has been to prove that it is possible to provide a quality site, funded by adverts alone, rather than the subscriptions and adverts approach adopted by our main competitor motorhomefacts. We have achieved that aim in just 6 months::bigsmile:

I have tried to keep the advertising as unobtrusive as possible so that the forum experience is not impaired, and whilst the last thing advertisers want is unobtrusive I think we have a good balance. We have a couple of advertising slots left and once these are sold it looks like we will celebrate our anniversary this year with a healthy outlook.

Of course if we had to pay wages to staff we would have gone under in our first month. The countless hours behind the scenes improving the site and fixing it when it breaks, is of course donated. Bryan in particular has worked tirelessly for hundreds of hours and continues to to do so. We most definitely would not be where we are today without him, A Big thanks Bryan :thumb:

A forum is nothing without its members, and we have a great membership. I make it part of my job to monitor other forums, and yes I am biased but.. I think what we have here is excellent, the atmosphere that prevails is fantastic and second to none, members are always cheerful, kind, courteous, knowledgeable and above all fun. So a big thankyou to you too:thumb:

I am very positive about the sites future, we have a full year of shows ahead where we will promote the site as much as our budget will allow. Our meets and rallies calendar is brimming with member get-togethers and the membership continues to grow. We are here to stay!:roflmto:

Long live Motorhome Fun:thumb::thumb::thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Well said Jim!! :thumb:
and a HUGE thanks to Bryan and all behind the scenes for the sterling work in making Motorhome Fun a great place to be ::bigsmile:

BTW......its not my birthday anymore :winky: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yerr Bryan rocks:thanks2:

Well done Jim:thumb:

:thanks: to the both of you :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I love this site and a BIG thanks to all those that make it possible:thanks2::clap::clap::notworthy:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Long live Motorhome Fun :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ralph & Dot

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A big, no make that massive THANKS from me :thumb:

And common you business in the trade get the last two slots filled, you know it makes sense.

Cheers everyone Richard... :beer:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have to say Jim, you and you're little helpers have done a fantastic job. In just 6 months you have managed to set up and maintain to a very high standard a very useful site and it's free.

He who shall not be named must be surprised that you have manged to pull it off so well.

Keep up the good work and see you at Newark

Dane

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Great job Jim and the team,as far as i'm concerned MHFun is the only forum worth visiting.Looking forward to meeting everyone at Newark.Don't forget your wallet Jim!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
a big well done to Jim and Bryan and the team behind the scenes

its a lot of work i am sure but it is a great advert for how sites can look and operate

a credit to all involved:thumb:

all the best

chris

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thanks for making FUN a reality!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Many thanks Jim and Bryan for all your hard work and efforts on behalf of all members. :thumb:

I am a member of 4 sites here and in the USA and this one is streets ahead of the rest although the USA one is very good. This must be the friendliest bunch I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Jan and I have really enjoyed our RV experience and a big part of that enjoyment is down to you and the members of this forum who we now class as friends.

Thanks Guys

Long May It Last.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I keep asking for fliers and never get any, quite happy to put them in the Sales Office and on the Accessory Shop Counter and on the various Show stands we operate.

Peter

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
agree

couldnt agree more with your comments jim, this site is fantastic so a great big thankyou from me, and well done to bryan dn't know how you do it,:(must be the beans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)onwards and upwards :thumb:::bigsmile:

ruth

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
A big thank you to everyone involved. This is the only site that I go to everytime I turn on the computor, In fact my wife is starting to complain and its all because of the friendly lot on here. Maybe one day we wil meet some of you.::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
good job well done, Jim,:thumb: and thanks to all those 'behind the scenes' guys.

i did see the wilders are asking for volentery donations so they arnt doing as well as mhfun.:Doh:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I keep asking for fliers and never get any, quite happy to put them in the Sales Office and on the Accessory Shop Counter and on the various Show stands we operate.

Peter

Peter, did you PM Jim like I suggested? I asked for a few and got a wad that gave me a black toenail when I dropped the envelope on my foot! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Peter, did you PM Jim like I suggested? I asked for a few and got a wad that gave me a black toenail when I dropped the envelope on my foot! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You told me that was JCs wallet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Long Live Motorhome Fun

Jim , you and your team do a great job :thumb: We appreciate your hard work and the warm, friendly and helpful membership.
We hope to meet you all soon.
Pudseykeith and Rose.:thumb:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Jim, Bryan, and I'm sure, respective partners and families.

Thanks Guys!:thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Yes, thanks for a great site. We have fliers in our reception, and mention it to everyone who stays with us. And, of course, all members get a discount.

MHFun is a real plus for all motorhomers. Thanks again:Smile::Smile:

Bob and Di

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
He's takin' that to the States on Friday.......along with my shopping list
:roflmto:

What a life you two lead, jet setting around the world, staying at all the best hotels, eating in all the best restaurants. How the other half live. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Olley

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What a life you two lead, jet setting around the world, staying at all the best hotels, eating in all the best restaurants. How the other half live. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Olley

Yup they are out Rory'ing Ror:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Be camels across the dessert next:winky:or has that already been done?:whistle:

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yup they are out Rory'ing Ror:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Be camels across the dessert next:winky:or has that already been done?:whistle:

Oooggghhh RR I'll have you know we're not rich like them, don't forget they live in The Cotswolds & we're just simple Foresters. And when we travel we sleep in the back of an old bus and eat bread n jam. Either that or a tent on the back of the motorbike & live off roadkill:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
May I also add a BIG THANKS TO BOTH JIM & BRYAN:thumb::thumb: keep up the good work:Cool:
It's probaly why I now find myself logging on here BEFORE the dark side:ROFLMAO:
terry

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Yes well done Jim in making Fun a reality. I also enjoy the site along with Facts.

It has become much more interesting now the petty bickering has dried up. I can see that you have put a lot of effort in making that happen, well done you!

Regards

Chris

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back