Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yet again I have wasted a morning waiting in for someone that arranged to call and look at the RV. They do not have the decency to call and say they have changed there mind or even let you know they are not coming.

It has happened now 6 times... why do people make the arrangements often on the same day and fail to come... one chap was 12 min down the road and failed to show.. not so much as sorry or anything.

Is it the times we live in I wonder? was I bought up to have respect for others? I would never dream of making an appointment and not showing up.

I was in my doctors the other day and they had on the wall that 19 hours was lost last month of doctors and nurse time where people had made an appointment and did not show..... Just do not understand it myself.

Bob:Blush:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yet again I have wasted a morning waiting in for someone that arranged to call and look at the RV. They do not have the decency to call and say they have changed there mind or even let you know they are not coming.

It has happened now 6 times... why do people make the arrangements often on the same day and fail to come... one chap was 12 min down the road and failed to show.. not so much as sorry or anything.

Is it the times we live in I wonder? was I bought up to have respect for others? I would never dream of making an appointment and not showing up.

I was in my doctors the other day and they had on the wall that 19 hours was lost last month of doctors and nurse time where people had made an appointment and did not show..... Just do not understand it myself.

Its a sign of the times Bob.

Loads of people fail to keep appointments with me.

Never known one fail to show up though if I have money to give them.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
very true Chis

Its a sign of the times Bob.

Loads of people fail to keep appointments with me.

Never known one fail to show up though if I have money to give them.

Very true words Chis... if someone wants money they will be on the doorstep. It annoys me that I had to move an appointment to facilitate this person to come and see the RV. The weekend was to late and they had to see it today.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
(Snip)Yet again I have wasted a morning waiting in for someone that arranged to call and look at the RV. They do not have the decency to call and say they have changed there mind or even let you know they are not coming.

It has happened now 6 times... why do people make the arrangements often on the same day and fail to come... one chap was [HI]12 min down the road [/HI]and failed to show.. not so much as sorry or anything.

For twenty-four minutes of my time (on a quiet day) I would be inclined to go and ask him what the problem was face to face!

JJ :Cool:

clf86ha

Free Member
Oct 4, 2012
Hartlepool, Norh East
Funster No
MH
Autcruise Starspirit
Exp
since April 2014
I feel for you, it's disrespectful and so annoying!

I'm self employed and work by appointments and average around £3K a year in wasted appointments...thats £3k of my own wages lost!

I did the same as the hospital did and placed it on a notice in my reception area and had loads of the ee, ah, that's shocking! comments about it...and mostly from those clients who were within that £3k.:Doh:

So yes I agree, you don't need to know the why they can't come, just a polite: Sorry, I'm not coming would do :Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Errr.. now theres a thought

Bob, are you SURE none of the 6 turned up, or has Izzy been snaffling herself some rather large, interesting clothing covered, dinners !! ??

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly

Errr.. now theres a thought

Bob, are you SURE none of the 6 turned up, or has Izzy been snaffling herself some rather large, interesting clothing covered, dinners !! ??

Oh come on you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly... you may get her nose in the crutch when you come in... but she is so benign it is unreal.

Anyway they have to ring the door bell first... just a lot of bad manners.

Bob

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think thats your fault Bob as you have the price now firmly in time wasters price band

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

Life is full of dreamers with nothing else to do except arrange a meeting that in their mind they will soon be owning a RV or a expensive house /car ect.

They will never be able to afford one but for a short while as they talk about it and walk around it, they live that dream.
Some will even go as far as leaving a deposit, as to belive it is still real :whatthe:

They then go home excited about being there ,but don`t think the wasted time for someone else.

In the motor trade, sales men spot them usually about 100 yds away approching ,then say " we have lost the keys for that one"

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It's as bad as some club members who book sites here there and everywhere, and never turn up, thus doing some one else out of a pitch.

Downright shameful!

Craig

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Oh come on you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly... [HI]you may get her nose in the crutch when you come in[/HI]... but she is so benign it is unreal.

Bob

So very, very much potential for grown up comedy here and yet so many Forum rules to prevent it... :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Oh come on you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly... [HI]you may get her nose in the crutch when you come in[/HI]... but she is so benign it is unreal.

Bob
Timewasters don`t only get just a crotch sniffed ,they also now get all parts removed , as in the ad.:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Bob, I don't think it is anything your doing or your RV or Ezzie....I would think these people make a list...2,3,4,5 motorhomes to see....ring and make arrangements to view all the vans on there list ...it's like holding / saving them....what ever motorhome that comes first that suits them:thumb:......SOD the rest of you that's waiting....why waste there time and money calling YOU to cancel the appointment ...as they won't be seeing you again:Doh: ...SELFISH and many other words I would call them.

When buying properties....some would have two three or more on the go.....and at the last minute offer a lot lower price, take it or leave it..(to all the sellers) or they walk away....then they take the best property on offer that suits...and sod the rest, sellers who thought they had sold, and are ready move booked removal :Doh:

There are some real Nasties out there...they know people will wait, as they know people want to sell there vans

Doctors......A lot chicken out....some afraid of the outcome...bury there heads in the sand.........the others there was nothing wrong with them in the first place..... :Angry:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Got to agree with part of Heyuplove, the Gizzunders, at the last moment offer a lower price than agreed on a house, we have had that, refused, then when they came back a couple of hours later, told them the house was back on the market AT a higher price, SORTED!

With Appointments, I know it's not "to View", but if we book a Tradesman, say, 10.00hrs, and by 10.15hrs he hasn't phoned, to say he's going to be late, we are on to the next joker in the Yellow pages, the Traddies that service us know this, and if late, they are on the phone! tout suis!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Oh come on you know Ezzie would not hurt a fly... you may get her nose in the crutch when you come in... but she is so benign it is unreal.

Bob

Bob ...Just down the road from us .....there is a Frenchman that breeds St. Bernard's .
He has painted on his house roof tiles in large letters..."GROS TOUTOU......(Big dog)....he has pups and parent dogs next to the main national with just a small wire mesh fence....they just sleep or lol about.....:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
kind off but no

like i said bob i'll give you £250 for the sat dome

All I have taken off is the goodies ... but all the main gear is there..4 (5 with the spare) wheels engine etc.,.... The satellite dome TV remains as does the 26" TV and the DVD etc.,

I have taken off things like the Snooper satellite and will now take of the Pioneer head as well (can use the bracket and the lead in any car) just means the back up camera has to be replaced ed .. the camera part remains.

The list on ebay is far above the spec of most motor homes as basic .. the Sterling remains as does the VanBitz alarm and dozens of other things like all the LED's we have fitted and the tyre pressure monitors we got from JIM.... We have just taken off things like the safe that is cable bolted ... but I am being plagued with time wasters and silly questions that have no idea what an RV is.

But sorry no you cannot have the sat dome for £250.... now talk £2,000 and I will have it removed.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back