Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I tried to get in on Saturday as its our anniversary, we have booked all week and intended to leave Saturday until we realised its our anniversary and they have entertainment on so I telephoned only to be told the temporary campsite is full.We had already booked in at chapel lane but there is nothing around there to go to in the evening or does anyone know any different?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Ignore me, for some reason I misread where you were staying.

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I tried to get in on Saturday as its our anniversary, we have booked all week and intended to leave Saturday until we realised its our anniversary and they have entertainment on so I telephoned only to be told the temporary campsite is full.We had already booked in at chapel lane but there is nothing around there to go to in the evening or does anyone know any different?

We tried to book for Sunday evening (no entertainment and still £30) but that was full so tried to book Warwick racecourse CC site but according to CC website that was full as well but decided to phone the site direct and got a hardstanding pitch without awning, so staying Sunday and Monday and as it is only a 5 minute walk into Warwick I'm sure you could find somewhere to go in Warwick if you can get a pitch.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just phoned they have availability on the Monday night only. Not much good really, I was trying to work something, as we will be at Heathrow on Sunday dropping the no. 2 daughter off, and we have to be in Manchester on Monday midday, then I thought back to see the show on Tuesday. So I was hoping to drop the van off at the show on Monday and get the train to Manchester, but as we can't be there before 11, we won't be in Manchester early enough. So plan "B" it is. Car and hotel in Manchester, forget the show.

400 spaces all booked at £30 a throw, £12,000 a night, not a bad little earner for the CC.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Just a thought Olley why not give the Toby Carvery on Stonebridge Island a ring and see if they have anything going on. They are within walking distance of the NEC and have a huge car park. It is surprising how accommodating pubs can be if you book in for a meal and spend some money with them. Link Removed

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
May be of interest to someone, but the Holiday Inn at Birmingham airport have a groupon deal on offer at £39 per night inc breakfast. They run a free shuttle round to the rail station, you can walk in to the show from there.

no idea why groupon put this in Wolverhampton....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back