Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Sorry chaps, bit late in the day to be asking this I know but hey ho:Doh::winky:

We have a day off tomorrow and fancied taking the car over to the Isle of Arran for the day but at £86 for a poxy little Citroen C1, I'm afraid Cal Mac can take a run and jump!:Eeek:

Next idea was ferry foot passenger at about £7 each and then and island circuit bus ride at about £5 each which is a bit more paletable! Conections are slightly tight with 10 minute leeways but short of a landslide, I can't see too much of a problem. (Famous last words!:ROFLMAO:)
Is it worth going?.......or would we be going for the sake of it?........cos it's an island.
Might we be just as well doing a day tour of the lovely mainland scenery below Ayr?

Ta:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sorry chaps, bit late in the day to be asking this I know but hey ho:Doh::winky:

We have a day off tomorrow and fancied taking the car over to the Isle of Arran for the day but at £86 for a poxy little Citroen C1, I'm afraid Cal Mac can take a run and jump!:Eeek:

Next idea was ferry foot passenger at about £7 each and then and island circuit bus ride at about £5 each which is a bit more paletable! Conections are slightly tight with 10 minute leeways but short of a landslide, I can't see too much of a problem. (Famous last words!:ROFLMAO:)
Is it worth going?.......or would we be going for the sake of it?........cos it's an island.
Might we be just as well doing a day tour of the lovely mainland scenery below Ayr?

Ta:thumb:

I know the island well, my son used to live in Lochranza .. we were last there in 2010 , we left the island by taking the ferry from Lochranza to go up the west coast.

to be frank, unless you are going for fell / hill walking .. not worth it, yes, it's got some lovely scenery but not a lot else..

just my opinion

littlehouse

Free Member
Jan 25, 2011
Decize France
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Driver 52
Exp
arran

check the weather first its beautiful on a good day but no shelter if raining:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Went around the island once on my motorbike.It's nice scenery but nothing exceptional compared to the west coast generally.Can't say I would fancy busing it!:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back