Harrydog

Free Member
Oct 7, 2012
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Exp
Now 24 hours into owning our first motor home I have my first question. What is the correct way to fold and store the over cab bed? I have done it but does not look correct.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Err fold? Ours doesn't fold? (not a Sundance but thought they were much the same arrangement?)

The base of the bed just pulls down and goes back up with man/womanpower and the help of hydraulic struts at the sides on ours.

We usually remove the pillows, stand on the ladder, make the bed, replace the pillows at either end along the sides of the overcab, take the ladder off, place hands on the bottom of the front of the base - and shove! Stow the ladder in the clips on the 'shelf' above the front bit of the cab and we're done.

OP
OP
H

Harrydog

Free Member
Oct 7, 2012
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Exp
Solved

Well ours does not have hyd arms just folding wood panels, but I think that I have solved my problem. Thanks for the answers:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you have the option on that type over overcab bed to either stack up the bed boards to open up headroom in the cab or leave flat. however we used to have a pair of lining carpet wedges that we slid i under the bed when not in use. this allowed us to still use the bed for storage and have more headroom, so best of both

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back