Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's been a long night, there are still a few issues to resolve but not before we get a couple of hours kip. If you spot anything that is broken please shout about it in this thread and I'll take a look when I wake up. Thanks

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
are you sure? how would I know, looks just lke the old one to me, well done :thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
:thumb:maybe a bit of an odd - that is a local issue for me...but

every time i click on the 'haganap lives' thread it locks and the screen goes white...doesnt happen on any other threads

Anyone else getting this?

ps..its all nice an zippy now as well....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
:thumb:maybe a bit of an odd - that is a local issue for me...but

every time i click on the 'haganap lives' thread it locks and the screen goes white...doesnt happen on any other threads

Anyone else getting this?

ps..its all nice an zippy now as well....

Worked fine for me. I did the "flushdns" thingy

Steve

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Worked fine for me. I did the "flushdns" thingy

Steve

swicthed to IE (normally use Chrome) and it works...slower but it does work

So a local chrome issue probably - trying to go onto the second page of the east coast line thread does the same thing:Confused:

EDIT - uninstalled chrome and re installed and all OK so defo a local issue...and even faster now too!!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Nice one Jimbo, it's wizzing along nicely.

Well done to all those involved.

You can go beddy night nights now.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I can see a lot of Funsters still looking at a closed forum on the old server. :Sad: At home in Wales my BT connection still refuses to find the new server, I've flushed this and that restarted everything but no joy. But using my 3 dongle I'm routed to the new server within minutes of the move.

Shouldn't be long now. Bless em, hopefully they will find us soon and are not missing their fun too much

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I could not get to the new server using the Default DNS setup, auto DNS, on my talktalk router. Changed it to point at google dns servers and found the new site straight away.

Lunarman

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
How can you tell if you are on the old server still? I am logged in and it says I may post but NOT post new threads?? :winky: Am I on the old server?

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I can see a lot of Funsters still looking at a closed forum on the old server. :Sad: At home in Wales my BT connection still refuses to find the new server, I've flushed this and that restarted everything but no joy. But using my 3 dongle I'm routed to the new server within minutes of the move.

Shouldn't be long now. Bless em, hopefully they will find us soon and are not missing their fun too much

Jim, all is fine here, no trouble..and quick...I had to do NOTHING...
The New server has put the MAP back on the French Aires Site.:thumb:....
.....and a Big thank you too... I think you said Grommet who was helping you sort out the new server...if not Grommet..then a big thank you too funster you mentioned

Mel

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim, I know I am on the new server as the thread says so :Smile: and it is working fine, quicker to. thanks you both.

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
After Flushing the DNS it took the best part of an Hour to find the new server on all my laptops and pc's but straight in on the iPad and 20 mins to get in on the iPhone4 :Cool:

That's using Safari, Google, Opera, IE9 and Firefox too ;)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
How can you tell if you are on the old server still? I am logged in and it says I may post but NOT post new threads?? :winky: Am I on the old server?

Look at the top ...Just below the home page button....it will say...This is the new server ....when you click on the thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim all is fine here no trouble..and quick...The New server has put the MAP back on the French Aires Site.:thumb:....
Mel.....and a Big thank you too... I think you said Grommet who was helping you sort it out...if to the funster you mentioned

Hi Mel, it was nothing to do with the new server. I was sat in front of the PC last night with a couple of hours to kill, waiting for midnight and moving the server. I thought that one of the entries might be messing with the map, I deleted and reposted every single entry it was very tedious but I eventually found a pattern and a few aires that were causing the google map to crash. Then it was just a matter of studying them to see what Google maps was choking over. There are a number of things. Google does not like any stuff like this - " : ^ ' or any French dodgy accents like you find in crème and Siân in the Aire title, and the other thing I found were letters in the coordinates N W E etc It does not like those either.

I need to get a system in place that will prevent such characters appearing in the title, meanwhile I will PM you about how you will still be able to add some while I work this out. Its great to have that map back though ::bigsmile: http://www.frenchaires.com

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Morning all or in the case of Jim goodnight Sir, Did a cookies/Dns clearout last night before closing lappy down and came straight in here this morning - good job really as i have Fun as my homepage
Thankyou

now going to check Rvoc

Well cant get into Rvoc, first page comes up lovely, click forums and i get old server message tried a hard refresh but no joy so far

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I notice from the Map Jim you seem to have placed most of the French Aires in France:Doh:
Have you no spare Aires for the UK please:thumb:
Geo

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel, it was nothing to do with the new server. I was sat in front of the PC last night with a couple of hours to kill, waiting for midnight and moving the server. I thought that one of the entries might be messing with the map, I deleted and reposted every single entry it was very tedious but I eventually found a pattern and a few aires that were causing the google map to crash. Then it was just a matter of studying them to see what Google maps was choking over. There are a number of things. Google does not like any stuff like this - " : ^ ' or any French dodgy accents like you find in crème and Siân in the Aire title, and the other thing I found were letters in the coordinates N W E etc It does not like those either.

I need to get a system in place that will prevent such characters appearing in the title, meanwhile I will PM you about how you will still be able to add some while I work this out. Its great to have that map back though ::bigsmile: http://www.frenchaires.com

Thank you Jim....:thumb.....Mel:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Im in at last and WOW| its fast -thanks Jim:thumb::thumb:
My BT Broadband is still pointing at the old server so I could see you sat there on the other side Mavis, I was hoping you would find us soon.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I came straight here on Chrome Jim, well done Karl and thank you both.

.............any chance you could keep it a secret from Buttons, ShiftZZ and sloberdoberbobber. :ROFLMAO: :roflmto: :ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi Jim
I cleared my cache and switched off the router as recommended and working fine now EXCEPT I just tried to upload a picture file and it said there is a problem with the server, hope this info is useful

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh YES.

The text is much sharper, the pictures more vivid. The comments are mellowed because they don't strain so much to come out. And even Wildman seems less grumpy.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Attempting to up load a picture file now.........Link Removed

Seems to work okay for me.......

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
had a hard time getting on to MHF

Hi Jim

I had to flush the cache on the Mac via Terminal and it would not play ball.

even added a sudo command and also Algal .. neither worked despite being on the Mac site help section.

Had to close down the router and the Airport Extreme. But took may be 6 goes at flushing before I got on the site.

Bob

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

I had to flush the cache on the Mac via Terminal and it would not play ball.

even added a sudo command and also Algal .. neither worked despite being on the Mac site help section.

Had to close down the router and the Airport Extreme. But took may be 6 goes at flushing before I got on the site.

Bob

You can flush all you like, but you really only need to do it once. You found us because your internet provider finally caught up with us ::bigsmile:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Attempting to up load a picture file now.........Link Removed

Seems to work okay for me.......

No, tried again in manage attachments, it pulls the file in but wont upload, message says problem with Motorhomefun server try again later.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
had bit of a dns crisis here using virgins dns servers which are always slow to update, so switched to opendns servers and no problems

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Not a techie at all but managed to follow the 'flush dns' instructions - and here I am! :thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It does not send me a email if i have posted on a thread.
I usually recieve a mail---motorhome fun ect ect

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back