A visit to the dentist (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Today i have done the second visit of 5 to the dreaded dentist which is the first time with serious intent in 60 years the last time being a 5 year old just starting school a scotish sycopath who i believe hated kids was let loose on me & every other kid in the class with the sole intention of inflicting as much blood & mayhem as he could ,anyway this was a almost totally different experience after 3 dyazapan & my wife cheering as though i was being fed to a pack of lions in i went shaking like a jelly i came out 20 minutes later minus 4 teeth & having had 3 major fillings i felt as though ii had been hit in the gob with a navvies shovel god was i brave or what & i almost never felt a thing & looking in the mirror at the new fillings well what was all the fuss about so its back next week for the next session so to all you people out there who are worried about a visit to the dentist be afraid be very afraid no! no! i am only joking if a whimp like me can do it & by the way i love the results & am at this moment enjoying a well deserved brandy for my bravery go on do it. it is really not that bad happy travels Rod

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
He He I don`t have that problem anymore, my teeth are like stars, they come out at night:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Today i have done the second visit of 5 to the dreaded dentist which is the first time with serious intent in 60 years the last time being a 5 year old just starting school a scotish sycopath who i believe hated kids was let loose on me & every other kid in the class with the sole intention of inflicting as much blood & mayhem as he could ,anyway this was a almost totally different experience after 3 dyazapan & my wife cheering as though i was being fed to a pack of lions in i went shaking like a jelly i came out 20 minutes later minus 4 teeth & having had 3 major fillings i felt as though ii had been hit in the gob with a navvies shovel god was i brave or what & i almost never felt a thing & looking in the mirror at the new fillings well what was all the fuss about so its back next week for the next session so to all you people out there who are worried about a visit to the dentist be afraid be very afraid no! no! i am only joking if a whimp like me can do it & by the way i love the results & am at this moment enjoying a well deserved brandy for my bravery go on do it. it is really not that bad happy travels Rod

Being brought up in Edinburgh I still have memories of the sadistic school dentist ! No injections for fillings...I remember prising my hands of the seat when it was over...I still hate the dentist though....and still get sweaty palms and racing heart rate.....

Shirl

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I went through a similar experience last year. What on Earth was all my phobia fuss about? Answer, dentistry has changed a heck of a lot for the better over the last 40-odd years ::bigsmile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I have just been, scared stiff as he told me that a pin had to be inserted, nurse noticed i was a bit worried held my hand throughout , felt much better when i awoke from my slumber.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I wish, Peter. That's what having money left at the end of the month instead of t'other way about can do for yer.

Trouble was actually my dentist reckoned with my gum disease there was actually a jolly good chance of my jawbone rejecting the titanium 'piling' - and I'd then most likely have even less gum than I have now - otherwise I'd have had a bank loan, grinned ond borne it ......

I thought that was pretty decent of him really - I know some of it's the cost of the metals etc, but we were talking £3 - 4k 10+ years ago. A nice tidy bonus for him for a few months, eh?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Scottish psychopath

we had one of them locally......name of McMillan and his surgery was a big old grey painted building.....instilled fear in every school kid.

no matter what you went in for, you'd come out with a gob full of mercury....or worse.

due to 'soft' tooth enamel and poor dental hygiene on my part :Blush:, the psycho extracted all 26 bad teeth in one 'sitting' when i was just 18. :Eeek::Angry:

everyone in Scarborough in the 60's and 70's knew of him and God, he was a heartless, sadistic, useless bastard.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I drill--fill--polish--pull--bolt in-- every working day.
Why am i not as rich as a dentist? :cry:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I like dentists, when i was living on Merseyside I was a 'patient' in Liverpool Dental Hospital and I had a really nice student doing my teeth.

One day I was so relaxed (remember they dont rush) i fell asleep in the chair.

My current dentist is from Sheffield and rides a Kawasaki Ninja or something similar.

OP
OP
marrod23
Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
Scottish psychopath

we had one of them locally......name of McMillan and his surgery was a big old grey painted building.....instilled fear in every school kid.

no matter what you went in for, you'd come out with a gob full of mercury....or worse.

due to 'soft' tooth enamel and poor dental hygiene on my part :Blush:, the psycho extracted all 26 bad teeth in one 'sitting' when i was just 18. :Eeek::Angry:

everyone in Scarborough in the 60's and 70's knew of him and God, he was a heartless, sadistic, useless bastard.
Love that & here's me thinking i was the only coward happy travels Rod

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We had an awful school dentist, no pain killers, no needles, just drill till you fainted. No wonder us older lot have a fear of them!
I had two teeth out when i was at school, the gas still makes me shudder, i could still see him through half closed eyes as he ripped away, then he carried me into the corridor to recover, alone!
I have just been to the dentist and he said, "your teeth are fine, but your gums will have to come out"!::bigsmile:

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back