Fun is getting a New Server Tonight (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
At around midnight tonight we will start migrating everything from this server to a brand new one. :Eeek::Eeek: It's been 18 months since the last move and we have quickly outgrown our present setup. The new server has two processors and each processor has 12 cores so its a fast 24 core machine with blistering fast SAS hard drives and 32gb ram. This is a massive jump up in spec but I have committed to it for three years and I'm sure we'll be using all that power by then.

We've been getting it ready over the last couple of nights, and last night Karl (Grommet) set about hardening the server from all those nasty people that attack it as soon as we get it up live. Hopefully the move will go very smoothly and everyone will find the server very quickly. But for those that like to browse after midnight the site might dissapear for a while.

While off line I will keep people informed via Funs twitter account; https://twitter.com/MHFun

When we change the nameservers it can take a little while for the forums new location to propagate around the world and allow everyone to find our new location. By tomorrow morning 90% of funsters will just log on as normal and find us at the new server.

If you find yourself at the old server (there will be a note on it saying this is the old server) try a hard refresh of your browser (ctrl + F5) and this should help you find us. You could also try turning off your router, waiting 20 seconds and then turning it back on. Chances are though, you won't have to do anything, you'll just find us. :thumb:

All for Fun and Fun for All:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Yes Good Luck.

All Greek to me but I hope it goes ok:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hope it goes according to plan . I wonder if the funsters appreciate all the effort you put in on their behalf. Excellent :thumb:

Wyn

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Will be thinking of you as I return from the pub and then snuggle up in bed...

YE.. RIGHT.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm gonna come on at 12.01 just to see what happens.. :RollEyes:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Cant you just wrap extra wires round it like the post on the forum:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a nice time hope all goes well

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Thanks for a great site hope the change over goes well.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Midnight you said ? Well that's 1.00am for me and for all those who are an hour ahead....

GOOD !

In any case , it won't change a thing as I'll be happily snoring by that time::bigsmile:

I'm going to disconnect everything tonight so I won't go into panic if I can't get in FUN in the early hours of my working day.

Good luck for the transfer Jim and Karl !

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ask Jim nicely and he might post it in Latin next time for you lawyers ::bigsmile:

That would go straight over my head as well::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hope your does as well as mine just did, website and the lot went very smoothly on Monday

Good luick

Peter

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
At around midnight tonight we will start migrating everything from this server to a brand new one. :Eeek::Eeek: It's been 18 months since the last move and we have quickly outgrown our present setup. The new server has two processors and each processor has 12 cores so its a fast 24 core machine with blistering fast SAS hard drives and 32gb ram. This is a massive jump up in spec but I have committed to it for three years and I'm sure we'll be using all that power by then. etc

I can type a little slower if that helps any?:winky:

Hope you've taken a backup & a backup of the backup:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just to say a big thank you to Jim and Karl for all their hard work to night itis appreciated, hope all goes smoothly, :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just spent three straight hours on the French Aires site, The map has been broken for months and I just couldn't fix it, Well after a lot of tinkering this site is now on the new server and I've managed to fix the Map:coolthumb::yeah::yeah: Mel (Heyupluv) will be pleased. Check it out Map of French Aires

This server will be closing in a mo:Smile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is the new server :thumb:

Fixing minor issues.. If you see something please let me know