Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
"Trevor" passed his MOT today with flying colours, thats the good news. Bad news is I plugged the laptop charging lead into my tom tom go 920 and fried both the lead and the tom tom:cry::cry:. New lead £15, now does anyone know of a tom tom repairer, Mine had outdated maps but never caused me a problem and had the whole of Europe on it. A Barsteward of a mouse ate its way through my European and French road maps so looks like I am being kept out of Europe. when I try to power the tom tom on all I get is a white screen so something is still alive in there. However it shows as dead when connected to my computer and tom tom home. I shall be lost without it, literally.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you contact TomTom they are very good. I do know that they used to send packaging and repair or replace free of charge, even when well out of warranty. Whether they still do I don't know as have not needed them for years.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
email tomtom they helped me bring a friends tomtom back from the dead - showed it had power but screen didnt want to work - mind you that was a soft ware problem caused by something being loaded onto it that was faulty, and when my little stand thing died rang them and they replaced it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
had seen on the internet the fact that tom tom only deals with original purchasers, bought mine secondhand

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
had seen on the internet the fact that tom tom only deals with original purchasers, bought mine secondhand[/
Isnt it the one your great,great, aunt that passed on last year bought you for Christmas a few years ago :winky:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back