Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I was thinking of having a few days away during the festive season and seeing in the new year at a c/club site I have now changed my mind due to the costs it works out at £26 per night now I think thats just too expensive ,:whatthe:are these costs justified ? for 2 people:Sad:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi mike what site is that as it would only cost us £22 for 3 of us at Craigie gardens in Ayr we spent new year there 3 years back and had looked at going again so i agree with you that £26 is expensive for 2 people are you members.

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We agree, did used to do it when we were working, but both big clubs charge peak season, and they seem to get full. Motorcaravanning clubs usually run new year rally, which are reasonable, also CL see to charge the same each week, we spent last new year new Weston super mare.
regards

I was thinking of having a few days away during the festive season and seeing in the new year at a c/club site I have now changed my mind due to the costs it works out at £26 per night now I think thats just too expensive ,:whatthe:are these costs justified ? for 2 people:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi mike what site is that as it would only cost us £22 for 3 of us at Craigie gardens in Ayr we spent new year there 3 years back and had looked at going again so i agree with you that £26 is expensive for 2 people are you members.

Hi,Gerry I was thinking of chester fairoaks and yes we are members 4 days = £102.00:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have used that site a few times even though its nice dont think id pay that for it. So you just need to get yourself up to Scotland last ime we spent new year at Ayr the wardens held a party in the garage and everyone just had to bring snacks they did a BBQ free and supplied mulled wine, it was -9 and we had a great time

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
It amazes me that they charge for the pitch and per person WHY?????
you are only parking overnight after all. I would look for a rally that would probably work out cheaper:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mike, I think Haganap is doing one at Wrenbury over New Year. Don't know what the price is yet .... Also, that weekend is Catspajamas birthday and she is thinking of going. Haganap's weekends are usually pretty good.

:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:Sorry, been told that one not going ahead. Does anyone else know of one in the North West at New Year please. I may only be able to drive there for the day as can't get respite for mum.

Jane, Catspajamas, hope you see this.... Joy x:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back