Thetford C-402 stopped working (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
My Thetford C-402 packed in 6 weeks ago ( fitted to my not yet 1yr old Eldiss ), just stopped flushing completely, dead like the dodo !, checked the fuse and connector block in the cassette compartment, all fine, one dealer suggested that things may have "gummed up " between one outing and the next and to use a strong solution of Milton in the flushing tank, leave overnight and try again, did this but no joy,
It really is inconvenient not being able to flush the bloody thing after use and having to pour a solution down the loo by hand,
Despite the van still being under warranty, Eldiss are of no help whatsoever, referred me to the dealer who supplied the van, who are, due to me moving home again, a 7/8 hundred mile round trip away, bit far and a bit too much to spend on fuel don't you think, to rectify a small fault,
I did contact the supplying dealer who mentioned that they had a few returned with the same problem, gave me advice to remove/dismantle the flushng mechanism panel, check it with voltage tester, which I am quite happy to do, but, of course as soon as I touch it, the warranty is void, catch twenty two situation I guess !,
I have contacted a couple of Eldiss dealers up here in Scotland, who, quite frankly, do not want to know, then emailed Thetford for their nearest dealer , but no reply, so I am a little pissed off, I feel I an going round in circles getting nowhere
Is this common for Manufacturers to fob off faulty products after purchase, and offer no help or assistance with their ranges, when things go wrong, makes me wonder why I bothered buying new !, :cry: :helpsos:

Beerdrinker :drink: I NEED ONE NOW !!!!!!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Beerdrinker, we have the Thetford C-250 but get the same problem if someone pushes the flush button too hard.
If yours is the same as ours then you need to pull the flush button panel away from the wall and you will find there is a circuit board with a micro switch behind it which just needs to be pushed back into it's holding clips and carefully replace the panel.
Hope you will soon be flushed with success :thumb:
Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
beerdrinker1
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Beerdrinker, we have the Thetford C-250 but get the same problem if someone pushes the flush button too hard.
If yours is the same as ours then you need to pull the flush button panel away from the wall and you will find there is a circuit board with a micro switch behind it which just needs to be pushed back into it's holding clips and carefully replace the panel.
Hope you will soon be flushed with success :thumb:
Brian

Thanks Brian, Although mine is a different model i guess the principals will be similar, so will have a go with your suggestions,
Ken :thumb: :drink:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Brian, Although mine is a different model i guess the principals will be similar, so will have a go with your suggestions,
Ken :thumb: :drink:

Good luck with it Ken, I hope it solves your problem......let us know if it is the cause of your flushing failure as I understand it is quite a common fault.
I have been trying to work out a long term fix to stop it happening again but as yet don't have one.

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
looks like the same fault i have, appeared over the weekend. can you just ping the cover off, where the flush button and the full indicator lights panel is?

OP
OP
beerdrinker1
Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
It was resolved by removing the cover as described previously, then getting your hand down the tank to locate the pump and bringing it into a position to work on,then with a thin screwdriver turn the impeller, just a flick, it should free itself easily,

The impeller tends to adhere to the side of the pump after being laid up and not used,
not Broken Link Removed,

Hope that sorts it ok,

:drink: :drink: :drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back