Fridge too small - any alternatives? (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Morning all,

We love our MH but find the fridge too small to be very practical. Are there any alternatives such as cool boxes that can be powered up whilst we are on EHU?

We have a small cool box which plugs into the cigarette lighter socket but this only works when the engine is running. Are there converters that you can use to convert from cigarette lighter sockets into the 12v supply in the habitation area? Current coolbox also very small so can anyone suggest a particular make/model that they are happy with?

Warmish wine and beer is not very nice whatever the weather!

Thanks

Rich

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Morning all,

We love our MH but find the fridge too small to be very practical. Are there any alternatives such as cool boxes that can be powered up whilst we are on EHU?

We have a small cool box which plugs into the cigarette lighter socket but this only works when the engine is running. [HI]Are there converters that you can use to convert from cigarette lighter sockets into the 12v supply in the habitation area?[/HI] Current coolbox also very small so can anyone suggest a particular make/model that they are happy with?

Warmish wine and beer is not very nice whatever the weather!

Thanks

Rich

I suspect that would not be an option, it would drain your battery in a short time...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have always had my beerbox. Got it from Aldi years ago. Its a good size and runs on 12volt or mains. I keep it in the garage now but it used to live under the table in the other camper. Its always plugged into the 12 volt leisure side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Your best option is a 'three way' chest fridge ..

can run on 240v while on ehu, 12v while travelling and gas when no ehu

can usually find second hand on eBay , just one example Link Removed

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
you can get adapters that will give you a cigarette lighter socket from the mains so you can run 12volt stuff on mains i think royal do one but its around the size of a house brick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back