Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Greetings all from sunny Spain. Leave here on Friday and to all those that attended the rally here earlier in the year it has been a fabulous month here.
Unfortunately we arrived at the end of the Spanish holidays and had two weeks of inane announcements for the kiddies club and the bingo but after they had all left we have had nearly three weeks of peace and quiet. We are in block C and are well separated from the locals, we have many Dutch, British and Belgian neighbours including two groups who have been here since the day the site opened.
Since being here this time we have found many fabulous local restaurants. Last week we went to Harry's Bar in St Felipe and four of us had a three course meal, two bottles of wine, liquors and a bear each all for €41.
It has been very hot at the start of September with temperatures in the high 30s but after the storms the other day (we were not particularly affected) it has cooled to a modest 25 degrees.
Brittany Ferries have ended their dispute and so we drive back to Bilbao on Friday and Saturday and then ferry home.
Hope all you have had such a good end to your summer as we have.
John

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi JohnH, thank you for your post, it has bought back happy memories of the Funster meet at Marjal earlier in the year. We may call in at Marjal for a while on our next trip to Spain. If we do a visit to Casa Harry will definitely be on our "to do" list.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Last week we went to Harry's Bar in St Felipe and four of us had a three course meal, two bottles of wine, liquors and a bear each all for €41.

I know you meant "beer" but a bear each - I'm still chuckling. :ROFLMAO:

If this weather continues I think you'll be turning around and heading straight back to Spain. And, I might be following!

Bryan

OP
OP
JohnH

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I know you meant "beer" but a bear each - I'm still chuckling. :ROFLMAO:

If this weather continues I think you'll be turning around and heading straight back to Spain. And, I might be following!

Bryan

Sorry Bryan the Macintosh and it's auto-correct. You are correct, we had a beer.
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back