Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As no one has purchased the Winnebago yet, today was scheduled to close it down. Good job it is nice and warm today.

Pump ON, all taps open, open the outside shower locker and open the taps.. then to the dump value locker and pull both (emptying what was left in the black..flushed through) .. then the Attwood boiler drained as well and the drain valve left open. Inserted the cover I made a few years back to make it warm.. insulations stuff.... then set the auto temperature gauge to kick in the system at 34 degrees f .... wrote a note and left it in the usual door handle to the bypass valves saying what had to be turned back on in the Spring.

Next when we get the cold snap we will turn the two tube heaters on. Also to put the dehumidifier back on and set it to auto .. drains to the outside via the sink and the open grey valve...

Just now to put the screen covers on and the tyre covers.. need to remove JIM's tyre monitor valves (cannot see them inside the wheel covers)... so it is now 99% put to bed.

I will continue to advertise it .... I do tend to run the engine up and generator every couple of weeks and also take it out for a run every few weeks int he winter time. .. such a sad time of the year for our Winnebago.

Bob

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thought you had been a bit quiet about your "Winni" Bob...

Was Thought/ hoping you had sold it... :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a few time wasters

Thought you had been a bit quiet about your "Winni" Bob...

Was Thought/ hoping you had sold it... :Sad:

A few time wasters Mo.. people that do not turn up.

But it is still for sale.. still has to be looked after.. Duncan sent me the cooker hob switch - arrived to day.. ready to fit... not a fortune at under £10 with the postage.. but I like everything to work on my RV... regardless if it is up for sale or not.. when it leaves me I can put my hand on heart and know everything works from a tiny switch upwards.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you are giving your age away

You have turned this forum into exchange and mart:Doh:

You are giving your age away... used it many times before the internet came about. Was a good read....

These days it is all internet except auto trader which is 50/50 and Friday add again 50/50

My main port of call is ebay these days.. or preloved and gumtree... noticed it has popped up on a few other sites .. copies.. bit like the link I have below .. that was snatched before we acquired it from the USA. Pictures were taken at Camping World in Florida... but still ended up here in the UK.

I know MHF members are watching the ebay listing as I have heard from a few asking questions.

going back to exchange and mart.. I last purchased a set of drive gates from e & M advert .. 23 years ago... not used it since.

Bob

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
One consolation Bob....

Couple of weeks ago, there were upwards of 240 RV`s for sale on Flea-Bay..

Today it`s down to 195.....

At this rate you will have a "Captive" audience.... :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
One consolation Bob....

Couple of weeks ago, there were upwards of 240 RV`s for sale on Flea-Bay..

Today it`s down to 195.....

At this rate you will have a "Captive" audience.... :thumb:

Mo...... Do you think the 23' something has been Bobs downfall...TOOOOO SMALL.and not his selling point.....if I was going to buy a Rv (But i am not)...I would go a little bigger 30'....decent size....as they seem to stretch these american limo's...maybe Bob could have a stretch job done on the 23' something:Doh:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
hence it is now 23' something

Mo...... Do you think the 23' something has been Bobs downfall...TOOOOO SMALL.and not his selling point.....if I was going to buy a Rv (But i am not)...I would go a little bigger 30'....decent size....as they seem to stretch these american limo's...maybe Bob could have a stretch job done on the 23' something:Doh:

Hence it is now 23' something.. you can stretch it to any size you like....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: proving it is more than 22' and less than 24' ....

It is my daily enjoyment to alter the ebay listing details.. a little bit every day.. just to keep people wondering. The watch list grows every day... I often wonder if it is the same ones doing it from the last 3 lots of 28 day listings.

Bob:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
[HI]It is my daily enjoyment[/HI] to alter the ebay listing details.. a little bit every day.. just to keep people wondering.
Bob:winky:

sub consciously I don't think you want to part with it .. can't says I blame you, it's a lovely rig.. I felt the same when I flogged George ... :cry:

but let it go Bob .. you'll soon have another baby ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if it was not for the issues of getting in.....

sub consciously I don't think you want to part with it .. can't says I blame you, it's a lovely rig.. I felt the same when I flogged George ... :cry:

but let it go Bob .. you'll soon have another baby ::bigsmile:

I suspect you are right.. I love my RV.. if it was not the issue of disability v getting in and out of the RV I would not part with it... but need that wheelchair lift and it is just not possible to fit anything in the 23' something size....

I have owned a number of RV's over the years.. only felt this way about our first RV (should never have sold it.. regretted it often......) same with this RV.. just the way we wanted it..

But I suspect when we get the toy hauler we will spend a fortune on it and get it the way we want it.

Bob

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
I think it's a lovely RV and am surprised that it hasn't gone, but ebay does have many time wasters and to$$3rs but now the market is slowing down it may well sell, most people think they will bag a bargain in winter and sellers wait until spring so there should be a lull in what's offered for sale. Less choice for those wanting to buy before the 'spring rush' means those that have a genuine interest will not have their head cabbadged with the endless choices available in better weather! Keep advertsing, it only takes the one right person to see it!
I'd also try in the spares section on a free listing day at the start price, should still show up with most peoples search that are looking for a particular make, It's a good 'inbetween' the classified listings which cost more to list and it keeps the ad ticking over without too much cost. Did that with my last M/H and it had plenty of watchers and questions.

Sod's law says you'll get lots of requests to view with all appliances etc working now you've put her to bed!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I sit here waiting

I think it's a lovely RV and am surprised that it hasn't gone, but ebay does have many time wasters and to$$3rs but now the market is slowing down it may well sell, most people think they will bag a bargain in winter and sellers wait until spring so there should be a lull in what's offered for sale. Less choice for those wanting to buy before the 'spring rush' means those that have a genuine interest will not have their head cabbadged with the endless choices available in better weather! Keep advertsing, it only takes the one right person to see it!
I'd also try in the spares section on a free listing day at the start price, should still show up with most peoples search that are looking for a particular make, It's a good 'inbetween' the classified listings which cost more to list and it keeps the ad ticking over without too much cost. Did that with my last M/H and it had plenty of watchers and questions.

Sod's law says you'll get lots of requests to view with all appliances etc working now you've put her to bed!

I sit here waiting for the phone to ring or the emails to come in.

Funny the chap that lost his deposit saw it in the dark and wanted it... as you say someone will want it sooner or later.. it is a great vehicle and will be sorry to see it go.

even the replacement cooker ignitor switch arrived yesterday (old one still works, but it needed anew one) and it is ready to push on... may do that this afternoon.. pull the old one off and push the new one on in place. Everything on my RV's has to be 100% and everything working. As Duncan at Star Spangle Spanner said to me in May when we had the MOT done, he said I doubt that the RV would fail knowing the way I looked after it.... he was right passed and the vehicle has never had an advisory on it... SWMBO aka Sue moans I lavish more on the Winnibago than her. ...true:Blush:

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bob,

Hope a buyer doesn't ask to view it completely unloaded::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Bob,

If its on any interest to you, have a chat to Andy about a commission sale on my forecourt.

You can park it on there, we will keep it clean, it will be treated the same as all my vans, you insure it though and we will hopefully sell it on your behalf.

Any P/x's, finance, tyre kickers and hopefull wannabes, we will deal with.

Peter

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Peter

Bob,

If its on any interest to you, have a chat to Andy about a commission sale on my forecourt.

You can park it on there, we will keep it clean, it will be treated the same as all my vans, you insure it though and we will hopefully sell it on your behalf.

Any P/x's, finance, tyre kickers and hopefull wannabes, we will deal with.

Peter

Thanks Peter, will give that some thought.. you are not a million miles from my home in Tunbridge Wells. .. will give Andy a call to discuss in the week.

Regards

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
On a similar theme Bob, can't you px it for the new toy hauler?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back