Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
To all you Funsters out there, new person alert.! :winky:
Just to start by saying a big thank you to you all for your tips and advice... maybe I should have found this site BEFORE I bought, but at least I now know where to shout for Helllppppp. ::bigsmile:
I am now the ridiculously proud owner of an elderly lady... she's a bit smelly in places - so we should get along fine...:roflmto: On 01/09/12, I picked up Madge (yes she has a name) - a 1988 Fiat Ducato Machzone Florin.

2012-09-11170229.jpg

She was bought as a way for me and my dogs - Spud (front) and Pickle (back), to 'get away from it all' and enjoy seeing new places without trying to find a B&B that will take 2 dogs.

SpudnPick.jpg

The first Pic is of our very first outing to Anderby Creek on the north Lincs coast. We arrived in style as the exhaust pipe bracket broke 8 miles from our destination - so we arrived in a shower of sparks - I'm sure everyone was impressed.! :ROFLMAO: Madge now has a shiny new one in it's place.
The lack of power steering is proving 'interesting'... an 87 point reversing manouver to get her into her storage spot nearly broke me.. :roflmto:

I know absolutely nothing about MH's and am looking forward to 'learning as I go' and getting to know you all a bit better.

Thanks for now

Debbie x

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi

Hi and welcome to the site. I know Worksop very well lots of relatives living in the area. Enjoy your new to you motorhome Andrea :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, lots of dog owners here so you should fit right in, smelly in places motorhome? sink, loo, or elsewhere? I do hope its not damp and smelling like mushrooms or rotten potatos. do let us know maybe we can advise a solution. Don't forget to check out the chatroom of an evening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Welcome from us in sweden, enjoy you travels with the dogs, bamse our dog loves to go away in his mh with us finding new places, your get the hang of things soon, and your have musscles like popeye,soon better to be like popeye, than some who has power steering,but every one to there needs,they are a friendly bunch on here,plenty of miles under there belts, so any probs just ask, cheers have it good, Alf&M:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
lilac lill

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the van has had water damage and the smell was the residual 'musty' type from being shut up. Nothing that a damn good clean couldn't sort :thumb:

I was informed at first enquiry about this, but told that the van had had a new roof on less than a year ago and internal damage was fixed. My question before going to view was 'Is it water tight?' The answer - yes.

On our first trip away, we had an afternoon/evening of 'stair rods' rain and accompanying wind (not me - outside :winky:) - we were all warm and dry inside.

However - Took her for the new exhaust on Monday, and I think most of the country had torrential rain that day. After doing the exhaust, they had parked her on a slight slope.
Imagine my joy on getting back in, to see a waterfall coming in through the middle skylight, and the floor like a pond. :Doh:

I think I have managed to track down the owner who had the roof done, so will be contacting him on Monday as there should be some kind of warranty or guarantee... fingers crossed.

I didn't buy expecting bells and whistles from a van of that age... but I didn't plan for wellies INSIDE.. :whatthe:

Debbie x

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After doing the exhaust, they had parked her on a slight slope.
Imagine my joy on getting back in, to see a waterfall coming in through the middle skylight, and the floor like a pond. :Doh:
Debbie x

Ours does that under certain freak conditions and there is no fault, just suspect design of the rooflight. The water seal is an inch high plastic rim inside the unit, get enough water, the right angle and some wind and a bit of water gets blown over this lip.

So you may or may not have a fixable fault.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Welcome from here too .....Toulouse South West France . You'll be welcome here if you want a place to stop for a night or 2 ! Lots of place around to walk the dogs. Preferably during the week ends , as childminders can't have big dogs around when babies are cared.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
lilac lill

lilac lill

Free Member
Sep 15, 2012
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt - I think!
Exp
Since 01/09/12
Thanks hilldweller... I would hope that it's some freak thing, and the weather WAS awful, but want it checked out. If there is still some warranty etc on it then all's good.

Thank you for the welcome Yodeli, and that's a very kind offer... think it will take me a while to feel comfortable going that far, but it's nice to have a goal in mind.! ::bigsmile: Currently aiming to stick to places that are 'far enough' away to give me a good run and get used to her, but not too far in case things go a bit t*ts.. :ROFLMAO:

Debbie x

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

hi there ,i hope all is welll. dont worry about going abroad,i take my 1990 elddis. nearly every year. once you have been, you will go back. have fun with the club.:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Hello and welcome I've yet to take the plunge so my hat off to you for going for it. Bet the dogs are having a ball! Enjoy :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back