Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
Hi All

after all the wet weather and getting soaked at Weymouth at the weekend I thiought it was time we purchased one of these 4 ARM ROTARY CLOTHES DRYER ?
can you point me in the right direction as the prices differ considerably, and I dont want to buy the wrong one :Blush:

thank you, carol ::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I have a Brabantia one. We got it from costco. But I found this one in Dunelm for you , if your not a member.
Its used a lot , weather permitting and outside 24/7. Its has not rusted in the 8 years we have had it. The strings are still as tight as the day we bought it. Knocks spots of ones ive had in the past and holds 3 washing loads :thumb:
Link Removed
Ive also got a large Brabantia ironing board , bought at the same time and im sure we will have it for donkey years . Its very sturdy.http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...Number=793005&c_2=2|cat_31630470|Laundry+and+ (A lot cheaper at costco BTW:winky:)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would say check that it has the fasteners on the bottom of the feet so it can be pegged down with strong tent pegs, nothing worse than them tipping over. They are available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I didnt realise you meant for the motorhome:Doh:
If you want one for home , brabantia 's the best. Wouldn't have a clue for the MH.
I'd go to the laundrette , or use one of the onsite facilities , if i needed to wash whilst away. Cheating i know. But the longest we've done is 16 days so far. Work still holds us for now........

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i do know of a few that use the JML Dry buddy but you need mains hook up for that.
if anything of mine gets wet and just needs drying i just hang it up in the shower in the van but there is a hanging rail above the shower tray in my van.

otherwise any of the rotary airers will work or even the old flat ones that you hang on the bottom of an open window.

failing that as said get to a launderette and dry it all there.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I use a Gelert rotary airer. It's only got 3 arms but I find that's plenty for even a large load of washing. Very lightweight but strong and has 3 ground pegs to stop it falling over. Cost £17.99 online around 18 months ago but can't remember where I bought it from.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi All

after all the wet weather and getting soaked at Weymouth at the weekend I thiought it was time we purchased one of these 4 ARM ROTARY CLOTHES DRYER ?
can you point me in the right direction as the prices differ considerably, and I dont want to buy the wrong one :Blush:

thank you, carol ::bigsmile:

Most caravan shops sell them for around £20. when you are travelling for some time they are really useful and do seem to dry a lot quicker than the ones that hang from the window.:Smile:

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
I didnt realise you meant for the motorhome

I did wonder as you said it was outside 24/7 but was going to ask how you keep it in the ground with only 1 stake !!:Blush:

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
missbusybusy

missbusybusy

Free Member
Nov 27, 2011
Northampton
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie again
use a Gelert rotary airer. It's only got 3 arms but I find that's plenty for even a large load of washing.

That is just what we are looking for, Its good to have recomendations.::bigsmile:

Peter, also has a similar product, now which one to go for :RollEyes:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
I've got the gelert the boss lady says its excellent ,from my point of view easy to put up and fold away very stable with the 3 pegs in feet

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Maybe I've missed something , but in a lifetime of camping, caravanning and motorhoming we've only ever used the Mk1 clothes rope

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Me too, but it's a bugger if you forget and uproot a tree on your way out::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought a 4 arm dryer at a show for use with the van. It has rings/pegs to stop it blowing over. We also have one for indoor use at home which can't be pegged down; bought from Lidl, one of their occasional specials.

Both work fine.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A couple of versions here:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We carry a 4 arm airer, but ours only had a single pegging point, however the legs are quite substantial so I have drilled a hole to take a peg through each leg. We also carry a twin tub washing machine (used in the shower) an ironing board and a lightweight steam iron together with the ordinary clothes line if anything is available to tie it too. We usually wash about weekly or fortnightly as we carry only enough underwear for a couple of weeks and Shirley insists on changing all the bedding weekly. :Eeek:

Edit - forgot to mention the washing machine runs happily on a 500w inverter (not pure sine wave £20) so mains is not necessary.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
This thread reminded me we decided we needed one after three weeks away. Just bought this from Argos for £17.49 [half price] very low stocks though. First glance, looks great and should stand up a gales! .

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
This thread reminded me we decided we needed one after three weeks away. Just bought this from Argos for £17.49 [half price] very low stocks though. First glance, looks great and should stand up a gales! .

Yes we bought this one and have used it on 3 occasions, it comes with 3 tent pegs to hold it down. Seems ok, but then I don't know what they are used for. The other half says its good though :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We too use one of them from Argos, only we bought ours at Peterborough ferry Meadows cc site for £20 last year, we have since bought a camping twin tub, also used around once a week also used on the shower, we all seem to do most of the same things don't we?
Now winter is coming we might have to use the sites laundrette to tumble dry.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've posted this before but easier to repeat than find the thread. This is our washing machine - posser replaced with a modified design since the photo was taken. Uses no electricity, very little effort and veary cheap seeing as the bins had been in the garage for years since I ceased home brewing ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• washing machine 2.jpg
    washing machine 2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 7

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I did get a nappy bucket from a car boot sale to use as a 'washing machine' (just put hot water in with some washing powder/liquid, plop the clothes in, stick the lid on, drive to where you are going, take the clothes out and rinse them then hang out to dry) but never used it as we were never away long enough to need it. However, as we now intend to go away for longer and there's only so much underwear you can take with you :Eeek:

It dawned on me when packing stuff in the new van that we already have the perfect item which we take with us anyway ... we always have our inflatable canoes with us (no, not to use them for washing silly!!!! :Blush:) and also our water-tight barrel and this will make a perfect alternative to the nappy bucket! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back