Campervan too wicked for the road (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Would you drive this Ausie rental ?

“I am greatly concerned at the offensive message on this Wicked campervan,” a complainant has told the Advertising Standards Bureau, who have upheld the objection.

The back of the Wicked Campers van, which has been on the road from 2009 until recently, “It’s better to be black than gay, cos you don’t have to tell your parents.”

Full Story with pics

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's pretty offensive isn't it?:Sad:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Also saw dozens of these campers in New Zealand. They are slowly entering the UK and a lot have been seen this year touring Scotland. The messages aren't as blunt but they appear to be on the borderline to offend the minority. Maybe our government could lend one to the hooked cleric so he can exit the UK faster!!!

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
That's pretty offensive isn't it?:Sad:

That's what I thought.

The thing is, even if they didn't think it was, who in their right mind would want to drive around with stuff like that displayed on the outside of their van?

They must know that most people seeing it would think "that driver must be a d*ck" :RollEyes:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's a statement of truth in one way, but in whose opinion is one better than the other? - you'd have had to have been both to actually know that, wouldn't you?

A lot of gay men I've known have fantastic relationships with their mums, and all seem to have loads of women friends. Most mothers know already anyway and are just relieved when they know for sure because they don't like to think their sons are struggling with 'How to tell us'. Or anything else really.

I wouldn't want it on our M/H, I wouldn't want to draw unwanted attention to it, there's too much damage can be done to a M/H in the middle of the night by anyone who happened to take exception.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
:winky::winky:hired a wicked van in aus 2 years ago . not aproblem people in aus arent as concerned about such things . more live and let live atitude not so conserned about what other people think . met people in 80 grand vans and cheapies all doing the same thing . iff your going to do it good luck im sure you will enjoy it .

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not offensive to me, if I had said to my Dad that I was Gay**, he would have knocked 7 Bells out of me!

** before you ask, No I am not Gay. sometime happy, but never Gay!!:roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Isn't it offensive to gay people and black people?

It doesn't offend me because I am neither but I still think its offensive.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you are a Funster in trouble and I can help, I will.

I enjoy being a member of Motorhome Fun.

But...

...I hope there is no forum rule that says because you are a Funster I have got to like you (nor you me.)

I find some Funsters say and think really horrid things...

I guess that is the same for any group of people no matter what common interest made those people form into a group.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back