Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hello wise people,
Looking for advice again. My water heater is having temprement issue's.

Some times it fires up fine and sometimes it just clicks and does not fire up, in which case the red fault light ignites. On our last jaunt it came to my notice that switching on some of the internal lights affected it by either making it repeatedly fire/ignite or actually fail. At first I thought it was the affects of the second bottle of vino colapso and my imagination, but it happened in the morning when I switched on the bathroom light. Electrics are not my forte, but could it have something to do with a dodgy thermocouple? :Eeek:

Steve_UK

Free Member
May 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Clubman GL
Exp
Since May 2012
Hi there,

I've not had the problem personally, but had heard more than one person saying that the water heater is very sensitive to the voltage of the 12V supply. If it drops even slightly, the heater will go into failure mode with the red light showing.

I guess it's designed that way to be certain that the automatic gas ignition won't fail; better safe than sorry.

Are you able to check the voltage at the heater end? If switching on lights sometimes brings the fault on, it sounds like a battery on the way out is a possibility, but so could a dodgy connection.

Cheers,

Steve

OP
OP
Pikeman
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi there,

I've not had the problem personally, but had heard more than one person saying that the water heater is very sensitive to the voltage of the 12V supply. If it drops even slightly, the heater will go into failure mode with the red light showing.

I guess it's designed that way to be certain that the automatic gas ignition won't fail; better safe than sorry.

Are you able to check the voltage at the heater end? If switching on lights sometimes brings the fault on, it sounds like a battery on the way out is a possibility, but so could a dodgy connection.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks Steve,

This happened whilst on hook up and I have checked batteries recently and they are sound. Im still leaning towards dodgy thermocouple, but im waiting for a sparky to come out of the ether and put me right. Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back