Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Hi everyone,

We are contemplating whether to have the Gaslow refillable system or the MTH system fitted to our motorhome.
We have discovered that the Gaslow system doesn't come with cylinder level indicator where as the MTH one seems to, (I think it's important to know our gas level).

Also does anyone know roughly the difference of cost between the two?

Can anyone give us a rough indication of gas usage per cylinder & is there a list of autogas stations in the UK & Europe or does anyone know if there are POI's for a Garmin Sat Nav.

Thxs, ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi marrwyck
We have the Gaslow system fitted and we are very happy with it. Not having a gauge is not a problem for us, the beauty of the refillable system is that you can refill whenever you want, be it a full tank load or just a few litres. When we refuel with diesel at the filling station if LPG is available we also top up our gas tanks.
I feel it is impossible to give an indication of useage per cylinder as much depends on the individual.
The sites below may be of help re location of LPG filling stations in the UK and France

LPGMAP :: locating LPG filling stations

stations.gpl.online.fr - Annuaire des stations GPL françaises

2escapees

Deleted User
Gaslow was one of our best investments. Two 11 kg tanks last us for 2 months at least and we just fill up when the first tank is empty. Fortunately our French MH, a Rapido, had a remote indicator in the kitchen which was which tank your running on and it switches over automatically.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Marrwyck

Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Hi everyone, thxs for your replies.

We were a bit confused about the Gaslow system & what we were getting for our money. That's why we asked about the difference between Gaslow & MTH.

However after a chat with Premier who we are purchasing the Knaus from, they have advised us of exactly what we are getting for our dosh & we are more than happy.
They're going to take out the two Calor bottles, replace with the 2 largest combinations of Gaslow, do everything else required & even fit a gauge so we know how much gas we have.

Wow what service & confidence we have in Premier, they are a great team & have a good deal of time for their customers & questions.

Finally, as MTH Autogas couldn't be bothered to follow up our enquiry we can only assume that they don't need the business.

Well done Premier & well done Gaslow !!!
::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Marrwyck
A good choice, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
As an aside, you might want to keep the Calor bottles, pigtails and regulators. If ever you change van you can then remove the Gaslow system and refit it into your new van, leaving the Calor set up in place of the Gaslow.

M

mani01

Deleted User
Hi Marrwyck
A good choice, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
As an aside, you might want to keep the Calor bottles, pigtails and regulators. If ever you change van you can then remove the Gaslow system and refit it into your new van, leaving the Calor set up in place of the Gaslow.

yup just completed that very same conversion, also fettled at premier motorhomes.

i asked for the bottles and hoses of the propane system back, and plan to keep the gaslow bottles when (if) i purchase a different m.home, so will keep the propane bottles and fittings safely tucked away.

premier seem to have done a good job of the conversion, they were also 'dumped upon' a little by myself as i had a car rear-end shunt me on the way down to them (the driver must have been more than slightly blind). premier managed to replace the broken lightboard on the trailer ordering and receiving the replacement within hours. they also completed a vehicle safety check to ensure that i had no damage to the chassis/sub-frame of the vehicle.

overall very pleased with gaslow (cheaper gas, easier to obtain abroad) and with premier - both recommended !

cheers mani01
ps hello all, this is my first posting !

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Alugas - does this compare with Gaslow or MTH???????

Hi, we have looked at all the alternatives and have found Alugas. It compares very favourably with regards to price BUT there is no 80% cut off when you are filling. Does anyone have experience of this system and can advise me please???

Mike and Ginny

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
I don't know about Alugas but would be concerned if it didn't have the 80% cut off.

That said I have finally had a refillable cylinder installed by MTH Gas Systems Ltd. (there were problems with their phone lines but sorted now I think). Contacting them via their web page contact us section seems ok but the email address elsewhere on the site might be wrong?

Anyway my new motorhome nolonger accepts two big cylinders which is a pity. So one Aluminium 11 kg cylinder was fitted and I have a 6 kg Calor as back up. the fitting went well and MTH (richard did a very neat job plus the filling point adjacent to gas locker in side skirt.

Filling up seemed fairly easy but I have yet to try in on the continent.

We were able to stay overnight with electric hook-up at MTH premises.

Cost for one refillable cylinder and all fittings and fitted £253 and about £430 for two cylinders.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Alugas - does this compare with Gaslow or MTH???????
see above on here:thumb:
terry

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Cost of Gaslow System.

Hi Terry, I notice you are in South Yorkshire, as are we.

We bought a full Gaslow system (6 kg) from Yorkshire Caravans of Bawtry last week. The full system was: Gaslow bottle £75, Filling system £50, and single gauge (ours is a 2007 model so we only needed the gauge) £17.95. Total cost £142.95 less 5% discount because we are members of the Caravan club Total cost £135.80.

The only additional cost was for the 70mm hole cutter, which we bought from ebay. Took about 45 mins to fit, and it looks as though it was made for the motorhome!

The instructions on the Gaslow site are excellent! :thumb: :thumb:

Ginny and Mike

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Teasy, Ginny and Mike :thumb:I am a DIY freak or Should I SAY tight ass:ROFLMAO: and do not like paying for something I feel I can make a better or just as good a job as the manufactuerers so nice to see you did your own:thumb::thumb: No nasty 5 mm gaps where walls meet cupboards in my van:thumb:::bigsmile:My filler just cost 35 quid nothing fancy but does the job :thumb: more than paid for itself,but yours sounds good value compaied to the 499 plus others are paying :Cool::thumb:

terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back