Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My Winnebago 23' something is back on sale.. the person that put the £500 deposit has now withdrawn .. a family member called me at 15.00 hrs to advise he was not well.

I have now released it with PreLoved, Gumtree and Ebay. I will retain the deposit until I see the eventual selling price and my associated expenses. I am not unreasonable as person but if I cannot sell it in the remaining time i.e by the 30th September at 18.00 hrs then I retain the deposit.

Funny had someone send me a message via PreLoved this morning asking me to contact them if it did not sell... have done so now.

By the way Jennie (Sedge) it took a legal type email informing them what a breach of contract meant... funny when you have to use the skills you acquire in practice, it sharpens people's minds... bit like when you issue a summons.. people are more inclined to deal with the matter when faced with court.

I am not after the mans £500... I want to sell the RV so I can get my replacement.

The saga continues.... sorry to those that hate the 23' something posts.. but I love sharing my pain.

Bob:Blush:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Bob, I think everyone hopes you can sell your RV soon, wish you luck with it this time around, then we can share your adventures with the new one, is it still the same one you hope to get.

fingers crossed Broken Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That isnt good.

Hope it sells soon:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No not the same one

Bob, I think everyone hopes you can sell your RV soon, wish you luck with it this time around, then we can share your adventures with the new one, is it still the same one you hope to get.

fingers crossed Broken Link Removed

No not the same one.. lost two now.. so we will look when we have the money in our hands.. very frustrating.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
lot of time wasters out there

That isnt good.

Hope it sells soon:thumb:

Chris it seems there is a lot of time wasters out there... oh well it is his money.

I have contacted the lady that sent me a message via PreLoved this morning.. up to her now to get back to me. But the adverts now make it clear it is a 10% non refundable deposit and payment in full within 7 days. No more messing about being a nice guy.

Watch this space as they say.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I would mind if I was a dealer Peter

Oh the joys of being a 'part time mh dealer,' welcome to the club

Peter

I would not mind so much if I was a dealer or even a part time dealer Peter... just the amount of time wasted....

Well it is back on sale again on Gumtree and Preloved and Ebay... just Friday add to do.

Still 45 people have it on there watch list on ebay and 1500 page turners even when it had the deposit taken on it.. now it is back on sale again.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You don't realise how many of can't sleep at night worrying about you.

Having changed twice in so many months, and getting rid of both of them and getting want "I" want and not the wife...

I`m of a mind to "Cancell" my third purchase, which I collect Friday ....:thumb:

It just doesn`t seem right..:cry:

But I wont....:winky:

Good luck Bob.. :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, all the best this time, Bob. Hope you actually get a serious buyer not a tyre kicker :winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I don't believe the last guy was a tyre kicker; he was one shrewd dude. (sorry for the Americanism ShiftZZ)

I reckon he had a very similar one to sell and put down £500 on Slobbers to take it out of the equation while he sold his own, £500, small price to pay for a one horse race.

Now he's sold his and he didn't reduce his price at all, and all it cost him was £500 to Bob, he's laughing all the way.

I expect he'll use his ill gotten gains to do a cash deal on a nice 30' toy hauler. :winky:

Best of luck Bob..:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't believe the last guy was a tyre kicker; he was one shrewd dude. (sorry for the Americanism ShiftZZ)

I reckon he had a very similar one to sell and put down £500 on Slobbers to take it out of the equation while he sold his own, £500, small price to pay for a one horse race.

Now he's sold his and he didn't reduce his price at all, and all it cost him was £500 to Bob, he's laughing all the way.

I expect he'll use his ill gotten gains to do a cash deal on a nice 30' toy hauler. :winky:

Best of luck Bob..:thumb:
Must remember that one :thumb:.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We had quite a few friends who ran boat charters.

One very nice couple who we knew well had an intense legal background, they wrote all sorts of terms and conditions into their charter contract and this was published on their website.

All the other people were a little more laid back ( careless?) and had almost no T&C's on their websites, guess which couple constantly received fewer bookings each season... and then always wondered why.

Just a thought

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
just went on ebay to have look at bob’s add and was stunded on how many RV’s are up for sale, some at what you would call bargain prices. perhaps with winter coming up perhaps i should not be, however i wonder if it a sign of the times with fuel prices.
wasn’t able to find bobs either.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure if the Caravan Club website classifieds are free or not - worth looking.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
just went on ebay to have look at bob’s add and was stunded on how many RV’s are up for sale, some at what you would call bargain prices. perhaps with winter coming up perhaps i should not be, however i wonder if it a sign of the times with fuel prices.
[HI]wasn’t able to find bobs either[/HI].

Link Removed it is...........

and it has grown or shrunk 3", IT'S NOW 23'6", NOT 23'3" OR 23'9"......:ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a look at Bob's Ebay advert and this is my view of it:

Photos - they need to be taken again without the 'personal' effects - you need to show a nice minimalist view of the camper as not everyone appreciates other people's treasures. Dress it a little but not with the 'American' flag stuff, you want more neutral stuff - think 'show home' style - they have very little in them but what they do have is just enough to make it appealing/desirable.

Info - Instead of it being all in a couple or so paragraphs, do it as bullet points and keep them concise, I've had a 'go' below.

Fully loaded 4 berth with end bathroom RV [need to give better overview of layout].
It comes with all the usual American extras you get on US RV's such as electric step etc plus a massive list of extra's so you can drive away and use immediately.

Specification:

Equipment:
  • Pioneer back-up/reversing camera
  • 7" Snooper ventura with all the ACSI sites as poi's
  • Entertainment system
  • Satellite (NETA Dome)
  • 26" TV built in
  • Separate DVD
  • Habitation air conditioner
  • Worlds smallest CB and a hand-held to match with a car kit
  • Large two door American fridge / freezer
  • Mains/12v Dometic stage cool box
  • 2 x safes
  • 4 kw chassis mounted genny
  • 1500 watt Sterling PURE wave inverter / combo battery charger (again over £1,000) - best of both worlds - use 230v and charge the batteries
  • 2 new x 100amp domestic batteries in January 2012 (5 year warranty)

Water/Waste:
  • Macerator and 60' of flat high-pressure hose with breaks using firmans couplings
  • Standard 3" dump hoses

Base vehicle:
  • E350 chassis (super duty) with the later Trition engine
  • 4 speed auto with the tow haul system fitted by Ford - can pull a car trailer (you do not know it is even there)
  • Under 20k miles from new
  • Full service history
  • 2 sets of keys and fobs
  • VanBitz strike back alarm system as well as the Ford system (2 immobilisers - one Thatcham)
  • Air Ride rear suspension controlled from a fob in the cab (walk around type) so you can adjust ride height or use to level on a site
  • Recent new front brakes
  • 7 new tyres in last year

Running costs:
  • Returns about 15 mpg
  • My insurance with a 40% NCB (mirrored discount) via Safeguard is £560 p.a. with Europe wide recovery
    [it would be a good idea to give info of what insurance group it is].

A clean and tidy RV, sensible size and comes full of extras such as chocks, levelling ramps, clips and items associated with camping life - to much to list.

[Add a bit more info to the above as necessary but don't list loads of superfluous stuff and make it tooooooo long].

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Forgot to say ...

Re-word the bit about the previous buyer. Others don't need to know why he's pulled out just that he has for 'unexpected personal reasons', and don't make any mention about him losing his deposit! Your paragraph about the deposit/payments is a bit 'prickly' to say the least, whilst I appreciate your annoyance however it doesn't do you any favours as it comes across in your advert and could put people off.

Remember that not everyone who will be interested knows all the ins and outs of an RV - I certainly don't, so word it so that it can be understood by the inexperienced too. I assume the 'water = 26' means it has a 26 gallon capacity? :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Quote:
Fully loaded 4 berth with end bathroom RV [need to give better overview of layout].
It comes with all the usual American extras you get on US RV's such as electric step etc plus a massive list of extra's so you can drive away and use immediately.

Specification:

Equipment:
Pioneer back-up/reversing camera
7" Snooper ventura with all the ACSI sites as poi's
Entertainment system
Satellite (NETA Dome)
26" TV built in
Separate DVD
Habitation air conditioner
Worlds smallest CB and a hand-held to match with a car kit
Large two door American fridge / freezer
Mains/12v Dometic stage cool box
2 x safes
4 kw chassis mounted genny
1500 watt Sterling PURE wave inverter / combo battery charger (again over £1,000) - best of both worlds - use 230v and charge the batteries
2 new x 100amp domestic batteries in January 2012 (5 year warranty)

Water/Waste:
Macerator and 60' of flat high-pressure hose with breaks using firmans couplings
Standard 3" dump hoses

Base vehicle:
E350 chassis (super duty) with the later Trition engine
4 speed auto with the tow haul system fitted by Ford - can pull a car trailer (you do not know it is even there)
Under 20k miles from new
Full service history
2 sets of keys and fobs
VanBitz strike back alarm system as well as the Ford system (2 immobilisers - one Thatcham)
Air Ride rear suspension controlled from a fob in the cab (walk around type) so you can adjust ride height or use to level on a site
Recent new front brakes
7 new tyres in last year

Running costs:
Returns about 15 mpg
My insurance with a 40% NCB (mirrored discount) via Safeguard is £560 p.a. with Europe wide recovery
[it would be a good idea to give info of what insurance group it is].

A clean and tidy RV, sensible size and comes full of extras such as chocks, levelling ramps, clips and items associated with camping life - to much to list.

[Add a bit more info to the above as necessary but don't list loads of superfluous stuff and make it tooooooo long].
...............................................................................................................................

That sounds "Superb".... :thumb:

How long is it...?:RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

Makes me almost want to buy it.. :winky:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
An item sells in first 30 seconds.

I agree, well done, it's a brilliant ad. :) Much clearer and friendlier, the snitty tone in the original is off-putting. I can also take in all the info at a glance. The ad really is good! I also much prefer FSH rather than Massive service history, which to me, implies massive expenses to upkeep. I would do exactly as suggested re the ad and photos too, anything to give the seller an edge in a competitive market. Copy - paste, no brainer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back