Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're in the 4th week of our 6 week tour of France and on the fabulous I'le d'Oleron on one of the ACSI sites here. It's so beautiful. Just a few steps to a wonderful view of the sea and a great site for facilities yet quiet - presumably because it's low season.
If you've ever fancied visiting the island I would recommend it.
Free bridge from the mainland and you're here.
Couldn't be easier.
:Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
It's on 'The List'-we've done Isle de Re and Isle de Noirmoutier ::bigsmile:the day we were going to Oleron it was blowing a gale so we went inland.
Enjoy rest of your trip.
Mike.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Glad your enjoying for the future which ASCII site are you staying on thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Enjoy..we did it 2 years ago and liked it a lot.. Found quite a few free aires as well from memory....:thumb:
Will be on my list to do again with my grandkids and their pushbikes when they are a bit older....

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
One of my favourites !!

There is a very good municipal site at Boyardville ! Lasta year only 12 Euros and right on the beach !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Did The Ill de Oleron around 4 years ago..that was our first trip to France..we did the whole of the island in total..then we found a Dutch run site..Domain d'Oleron I think it was called..fabulous spot..would definately do the island again..there and the Ill de Re our faves of France...plenty of safe cycle routes...

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The trouble with Boyardville, Ken, is it's nowhere near Grand Village plage, is it? - or is there another 'N' beach at B we don't know about?

It's about a mile to walk anyway from anywhere you are likely to be able to park at Petirt Village (height barrier on rd down to beach carpark) - there is a really nice bike track but as you then have to walk along the beach a way to get to 'our' bit - you'd have to try and find something to chain bikes to - and don't think the frites etc van would be too happy if you chained em to that LOL

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We're in the 4th week of our 6 week tour of France and on the fabulous I'le d'Oleron on one of the ACSI sites here. It's so beautiful. Just a few steps to a wonderful view of the sea and a great site for facilities yet quiet - presumably because it's low season.
If you've ever fancied visiting the island I would recommend it.
Free bridge from the mainland and you're here.
Couldn't be easier.
:Smile:

Pictures??

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're at Camping le Suroit which is near St Pierres d'Oleron. Really superb beach, pool, facilities etc. and 16E per night with ACSI. Unfortunately we had an accident this morning on our bikes and have spent the afternoon in the hospital at Rochefort getting stitched. :Sad: Not serious but very sore! The French health system is really excellent.
Pictures to follow after a couple of recovery days.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Ouch. Get well soon.

If you like Oleron, definitely try Ile de Re - very similar in appearance, slightly more 'upmarket', and not quite so oystery. Camping Campeole Les Amis de Plage at Bois Plage en Re is a good starting point - you can choose from free aire, 12 euro a night aire with trimmings, or campsite, all within 50 yards of each other.

Plenty of great cycling.. oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back