Sarat

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
Waterford, Ireland
Funster No
MH
rv hi top
Exp
Hi, My name is Sadie. My husband, Paul and I are newbies. We are going to France on Tuesday the 18th and are hoping to meet fellow club members. We are sailing from Roslare to Cherbourg. This is our first time taking the van out of Ireland and we are a bit unsure of ourselves. I'm sure a lot of you will know how we feel. We are a funloving couple in our very early 60s and would love to meet and chat to other campervaners. we just joined today, so would appreciate any tips or advice. ::bigsmile:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, Sorry not going to france this sept (def next year) hope you enjoy your trip we always use the aires keeps the cost down, no problem with the roads or driving etc, just remember if you stop for a cuppa ,when you start driving again to drive on the right its easy when relaxed to forget. Have a great time I'm envious. Terry:Cool:

poppy

Free Member
Sep 5, 2011
Solihull
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
since 2011
Very Brave

Hi. well done both, I hope you have a great time. We have so far only braved up to 2hrs away from home , Whip I hear u say!!:roflmto: yes you would be correct, however, this Summer we sold our house and the MH has come into its own. We have been living in it for the past 9 weeks at the back of our daughter Garden, 2up 2down 4 adults, 2dogs 2 cats, and new baby !! you could not make this up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

we are due to move into new house 21st Whooooooooooo: 5 more sleeps BigGrin:::bigsmile:
so wish we could join you in France, but looking forward to hearing how you got on as I am Defo going next year. Enjoy and welcome :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
Hi, My name is Sadie. My husband, Paul and I are newbies. We are going to France on Tuesday the 18th and are hoping to meet fellow club members. We are sailing from Roslare to Cherbourg. This is our first time taking the van out of Ireland and we are a bit unsure of ourselves. I'm sure a lot of you will know how we feel. We are a funloving couple in our very early 60s and would love to meet and chat to other campervaners. we just joined today, so would appreciate any tips or advice. ::bigsmile:

we usualy step over at this time of year, gets easyer every time. and find it most relaxing dont plan just go with the flow.stay of the toll roads and see more of france
sorry we wont be there AGAIN this year
just go for it and enjoy:thumb:

glyn & rachel

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Have a great time there is plenty to see and it's an exciting adventure. My response to previous posts might be useful:

Broken Link Removed

and

Broken Link Removed

Wyn

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Sadie
The first time we went to France 6 Years ago, we were new to motorhomes, My Mr,s retired and got home at 1-30 by 4.0 we were on the road, Bessaccar ,trailer and Smart car, never drove abroad before apart from the odd hire car on Holday, but 2,500 miles in the MH and 1,300 in the Smart we got back home after 8 weeks, enjoyed every minute of the trip, hope you have the same pleasurable trip, we use a mixture of Camps and Aires, the toll roads can run away with your money, the main road system,s are a good alternative. ENJOY. Pete :thumb::thumb:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
We're heading there next weekend with the ferry to Bilbao then travelling up through France over the next 3 weeks. Don't forget your breath alchohol testers and turn off 'speed cameras' if you have them on your satnav. Otherwise enjoy the trip and give us a wave if we pass.
Geoff.:thumb:

OP
OP
S

Sarat

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
Waterford, Ireland
Funster No
MH
rv hi top
Exp
Thank you so much for your encouragment. Maybe we will meet. I will have my laptop with me, so if you have yours, it just might happen. Enjoy your trip.:winky:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Try stopping on aires from time to time - see what you think. SatNav files and loads of details available for free from www.campingcar-infos.com

Petrol is cheapest at Supermarkets. Supermarket SatNav POIs can be found online and via your SatNav's update software.

Keep Euro change handy for parking ticket machines and automated toll booths.

Make sure your bank cards are fully authorised for use abroad.

If using aires, empty waste water and loo whenever possible rather than waiting 'til they fill up, and top up with fresh water whenever it's free to save paying for it elsewhere.

If you're able to cycle, take bikes with you.

Bon voyage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back