Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
We are unsure where we can stop for the night. We would like to look out to the sea but it would appear that it says no parking for camping cars? There is a municipal campsite but not sure if we are meant to book or pay to go in that one? Can you help us?
Helga

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
As mentioned above the municipal aire on Square des anciens combattants is free if a bit noisy (lot of traffic) ... nice spot though.

Behind the Office de Tourisme is a parking area where you can stay, free, any time other than July & August (when it's reserved for coaches) no services but quiet and peaceful. Shops/sea nearby... (It's not an 'aire-de-campingcars', just a carpark, but no problem staying there at all - officially accepted)

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Great thank you we found the car park behind the tourist board. There are a few other motorhones here

Helga

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'd be surprised if you couldn't get into a Municipal on spec in September - we've had no trouble in Summer.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I love the forum when it works like this. Even when touring, as long as you have an internet connection, you never have to face a problem on your own. 24/7 there's always lots of knowledgeable people who'll offer help if you need it:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I love the forum when it works like this. Even when touring, as long as you have an internet connection, you never have to face a problem on your own. 24/7 there's always lots of knowledgeable people who'll offer help if you need it:thumb:

Well, either to help or take the pi$$::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We stayed on municipals each way through France this year. They were all very good with friendly people on reception.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Good job Stcyr (j'me sens moins seule pour le coup !!Merci !) was there to translate .... sorry was busy working !

Next time think about asking my mobile before you leave , so in case of problem I can get a connection throught my mobile and see what's up!

Send a PM if you want my number ok?!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
we have overnighted on that car/bus park a few times police station looking over you,and if you look on the concrete fence you will see "lugnutt stayed here" it was the kids who wrote it :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back