anguslogan

Free Member
Sep 13, 2012
france
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
HELP desperately wanted. I am in Heathfield East Sussex and would really appreciate someone to help explain and show me how various things work on the Hymer Mercedes Starline 640 I have just bought to travel back home to France. Take you to lunch or pay a fee.
Thanks to anyone who can assist

Makzine

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer 644
Exp
We could be coming through Heathfield on sunday late afternoon. Don't know much about Mercedes Starline 640 as we have an older Fiat Hymer 644 A class. But if we can help I can be reached on 07721 531335 as we won't have internet over the weekend.

regards John

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We are not far from you (in Burgess Hill) = what things do you need to know about?
No Lunch or Fee required - just happy to help a fellow Motorhomer :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I've just traded my S640 in and after 2 years fulltiming in it, so I think I know a bit about them.

What do you need to know?

If your looking for mains trip/switch it's under the floor in the wardrobe next to the boiler.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
A

anguslogan

Free Member
Sep 13, 2012
france
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We could be coming through Heathfield on sunday late afternoon. Don't know much about Mercedes Starline 640 as we have an older Fiat Hymer 644 A class. But if we can help I can be reached on 07721 531335 as we won't have internet over the weekend.

regards John
Thanks for that and sorry for late reply. Will call you. Angus:thumb:

OP
OP
A

anguslogan

Free Member
Sep 13, 2012
france
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We are not far from you (in Burgess Hill) = what things do you need to know about?
No Lunch or Fee required - just happy to help a fellow Motorhomer :Smile:

Thanks. All sort of problems from water heating, no loo flsuh to silly things like cant find control for mirrors!! My wife and dog have gone mad.... I'me already mad.Can't make sense of the:ROFLMAO: manual. Is there a number I can call you on mine is 0758 3293063

OP
OP
A

anguslogan

Free Member
Sep 13, 2012
france
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I've just traded my S640 in and after 2 years fulltiming in it, so I think I know a bit about them.

If your looking for mains trip/switch it's under the floor in the wardrobe next to the boiler.

Thanks Pete. The small trap in front of wardrobe which I thought might be water valves just uncovered an array of plastic pipes. Will have further look at wardrobe. What area are you in by the way ? As you are obviously a 640 expert would love you to inspect:Doh:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Thanks Pete. The small trap in front of wardrobe which I thought might be water valves just uncovered an array of plastic pipes. Will have further look at wardrobe. What area are you in by the way ? As you are obviously a 640 expert would love you to inspect:Doh:

I'm in Lincolnshire.

What year is your S640?

Mine was a 2003 I know that the Merc. base changed in 1999 or there abouts.

On mine the mirror controls were down low on the left side of the dash board.

Is yours LHD?

The flush has a micro switch which operates the submersible pump in the fresh water tank.

OP
OP
A

anguslogan

Free Member
Sep 13, 2012
france
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:Doh:

Thanks Pete visit to big dealer at St Johns Cross( very helpful guys) solved cross toes some of immediate probs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back