Blog updated & disaster hits - twice!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Just updated our blog.
Two disasters -
1. Some child opened a car door just as we were going by. Luckily just clipped our wing mirror which sprung back with minor damage but broke the Awning bracket that the leg fits into on the lower side of the van and took the Fiamma security lock right off! Decided damage to our van was less than our excess and easily rectified by us when we get home so not making an insurance claim. The Croaatian chap said we were partly to blame for being too close - never mind the other 50 cars we had just driven by without a problem!!! Anyway he's only 3rd party so reluctantly said ok to just leave it.

2. Am now sitting in Camping Sobrec with the clutch gone on our van. Have been dealing with the AA breakdown most of the day and finally they have come up with a garage about 5 miles away which we are pretty confident we can get to without having to be recovered but at what cost??????

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. Sorry to hear of your problems, hopefully you can soon get the clutch fixed. Maybe the labour will be cheaper than the rip off UK.

I take it the site you are on is just south of Split, I stayed on that one last year and may be back there in a few days. I have just arrived in Croatia on the Camperstop at Cvetkovic, Plitvica which is about 2km from the Waterfall.

Mike

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hi. Sorry to hear of your problems, hopefully you can soon get the clutch fixed. Maybe the labour will be cheaper than the rip off UK.

I take it the site you are on is just south of Split, I stayed on that one last year and may be back there in a few days. I have just arrived in Croatia on the Camperstop at Cvetkovic, Plitvica which is about 2km from the Waterfall.

Mike
might still be here then?????
Would we get our big van in the camperstop (7.5mtr long x 3.5 high) as am going there next - hopefully!!!!!
Got the big blue canoe on top of the van so you'll be able to find us if we are here!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tony, remember the rule of threes:Eeek: I hope you have no more problems! Re the collision with the door, you run a garage so those little things can be fixed when you get home.:Smile: Best of luck with the clutch, hope its not too expensive:thumb:

Meanwhile...

Has Jacky been driving the motorhome?

Husband: Bloody hell the clutch has gone AGAIN. Thats the 5th time this year!
Wife: Don't look at me, I don't use it.:ROFLMAO:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi. you should get in here Ok there are some resonable sized vans on site at the moment. It is behind a house but has a reasonable access road, just off the main road. They charged me 10 euro a night, yes euro and they are not even in the EU yet, but it suits me better anyway as I have more euro on board than local stuff.

I am intending to do a couple of nights here and then maybe one more stop before Stobrec.

Mike

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Tony, remember the rule of threes:Eeek:

Yes and the third thing was.......
Jacky left the top cupboard door open when she got the documents out to check the insurance. Round the first corner and a full 1ltr bottle of Pimms fell out and smashed soaking everything and showering glass everywhere:Eeek:
funny enough the bottles of Gin and Perno just bounced so was able to drown our sorrows later!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Update to clutch repair

managed to find a garage just round the corner from campsite. Van is booked in tomorrow at 8am for new clutch - £500 cash:Eeek:
Hopefully they can do it in one day.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well being in the garage trade yourself you should know how to do it in a day.:thumb::thumb:

hope it all works out ok for you.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
well being in the garage trade yourself you should know how to do it in a day.:thumb::thumb:

hope it all works out ok for you.
Unfortunetly we also know that these jobs never go to plan - wrong parts, broken bits etc... and in the motor trade problems usually happen on a Friday leaving vehicles out of action for the weekend.....
We will be wandering around Split (in the pouring rain as it happens) for the whole day waiting for the phone call...........

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Just updated our blog.
Two disasters -
1. Some child opened a car door just as we were going by. Luckily just clipped our wing mirror which sprung back with minor damage but broke the Awning bracket that the leg fits into on the lower side of the van and took the Fiamma security lock right off! Decided damage to our van was less than our excess and easily rectified by us when we get home so not making an insurance claim. The Croaatian chap said we were partly to blame for being too close - never mind the other 50 cars we had just driven by without a problem!!! Anyway he's only 3rd party so reluctantly said ok to just leave it.

2. Am now sitting in Camping Sobrec with the clutch gone on our van. Have been dealing with the AA breakdown most of the day and finally they have come up with a garage about 5 miles away which we are pretty confident we can get to without having to be recovered but at what cost??????
Hope you get it all fixed OK. When you come back to site drop in and say Hello, we are on 224, that's if you don't get blown over in the current wind and rain:cry: Motomike is also here and looking for you.
We have a couple of LaFuma chairs if you need to doss down for the night in our awning. You would be welcome.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Went back at 5pm they are still working on it!Told us to comeback at 8pm. - we've been walking round in poring rain all day..........
JAG - will probably be returning to site when we pick up the van so will try to catch up with you then

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Went back at 5pm they are still working on it!Told us to comeback at 8pm. - we've been walking round in poring rain all day..........
JAG - will probably be returning to site when we pick up the van so will try to catch up with you then
Hi Tony & Jackie,
What happened last night as you are not on site? Is everything OK? If you need anything give us a ring. I will PM you my number.
Graham

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
All sorted and back on the road albeit pockets some £500 lighter! Back on sobrec campsite where we will be chilling out for a couple of days before heading north to national parks.Thanks for the offer of a bed for the night
JAG glad to say we didn't need it!

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
All sorted and back on the road albeit pockets some £500 lighter! Back on sobrec campsite where we will be chilling out for a couple of days before heading north to national parks.Thanks for the offer of a bed for the night
JAG glad to say we didn't need it!

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back