Motorhome and dog owners come under fire (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
ABERYSTWYTH residents have demanded that the county council takes tougher action against people who flout the Easter and summer season dog ban on the town’s beaches.
They also want people who let their pets foul on the beaches to be prosecuted.
And there are calls for action over the number of motorhomes parked overnight along the seafront, especially near the castle and the harbour.

Read More

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There’s a lot of anger over dog fouling and about some of the camper vans whose owners let their dogs out to mess on the beach or release foul water all over the paths in the morning and we want to iron out these issues with the authorities.
Looks like, once again, a small number of selfish morons spoil things for everyone else.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They are a queer lot in Aberystwyth though::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The ones that worry me are those that go shopping or for a round of golf and leave their dog shut inside the motorhome, sometimes in warm weather :Sad:
We love our dogs and would love to have them with us , but leave them at home being safely cared for.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Our pooch goes everywhere in the van with us.He will sit out in the sun all day only to come into the cool van or underneath it when he gets too hot -not that there has been much call for it this year::bigsmile:
Terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The ones that worry me are those that go shopping or for a round of golf and leave their dog shut inside the motorhome, sometimes in warm weather :Sad:
We love our dogs and would love to have them with us , but leave them at home being safely cared for.

We take our dogs with us and leave them in the van in hot weather with plenty of ventilation, screens up at the windows and plenty of water and they've always been cool when we've got back. We've just changed from a coachbuilt to a camper and one of our concerns was how hot it would get inside however whilst at Shepton Mallet show the weather was glorious and the inside of the camper was actually cooler than it would have been in the coachbuilt!!! In fact whilst we were sweltering outside, they were lovely and cool inside.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
dogs are fine left in the van provided there is adequate ventilation and water, it is a hell of a lot cooler than outside, well insulated not like a car where problems do arise. I was planning to visit Abergetoutofourtown shortly will give it a miss now and spend our cash elsewhere. I am getting mightily sick of the nimby attitude in this country.
for the record we do not drop our grey water on the road ever. However those that are doing it daily, like JJ will confirm there is no dirt or smell if done daily.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back