A few questions from a new van owner (1 Viewer)

talaris

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class Dethleffs
Exp
since 2011
Hi.

Just bought a new to us Dethleffs Globetrotter and before our first weekend away this weekend would appreciate a bit of help

1. we have Alde 3010 heating. The 240v seems to trip out regularly. The dealer is mystified. Any ideas?

2. It has an heat exchanger. How does this work as it seems to get hot but not heat rads.

3. We have no headlight flash. Apparently Dethleffs do not have this. Is this correct.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Tony

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh dear. That name is certainly not what it was.

You've got to hit the search button and find a recent thread where a poor soul parted with £100K and was shafted by Dethleffs and the UK dealer.

Just make sure the same does not happen to you.

Just search on Dethleffs, it will be easy to find.

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. When you say the 240V is tripping out, where do you mean, at home, on a site or the trip in the van.
If in the van take it back, its the dealers problem to sort it.
If a site it could be you are just drawing too much current.
If home could be a very long EHU causing a problem but unlikely.
A heat exchanger will depend on blown air to circulate it, is that switched on, is it working?
All of your problems are really down to the dealer to sort out, thats why dealers charge more than private sales, to cover aftersales problems. Quote sale of goods act and fit for purpose etc if they deny responsibility.
Mention trading standards and you may find the attitude changes.
You must be able to dip the headlights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
talaris

talaris

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class Dethleffs
Exp
since 2011
Hi.

Alde trips in van. Seems to have different amp settings in the menus which ae beyond me. May be related?

The heat exchanger problem may be due to my experience or lack of but must the Alde be on for it to heat or does it circulate itself. Used to blown air webasto which was simples to use.

Lights do not flash when lights turned off. Switched on they flash on dip, not when on sidelights, and switch to main beam as they should. Sees the only way to flash with lights off s momentarily switch them on!

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi.

Lights do not flash when lights turned off. Switched on they flash on dip, not when on sidelights, and switch to main beam as they should. Sees the only way to flash with lights off s momentarily switch them on!

So in fact the lights work as they should, flashing your lights as a signal is not what they were intended for so don't worry about that one as to the heating you need to ask PeterH he has one of these vans I believe and can answer van specific questions. He will be in the chatroom for the Quiz on Thursday evening 8-9pm if you do not manage to get in touch before that.

Upvote 0

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
AFAIK----the alde is a wet heating system--so requires a pump to circulate the fluid around the system.
Can you turn the electric side of th heating off and switch to LPG ?????
Nigel & Pamala

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
dealer ignorance

Hi.

Just bought a new to us Dethleffs Globetrotter and before our first weekend away this weekend would appreciate a bit of help

1. we have Alde 3010 heating. The 240v seems to trip out regularly. [HI]The dealer is mystified. [/HI]Any ideas?

2. It has an heat exchanger. How does this work as it seems to get hot but not heat rads.

3. We have no headlight flash. Apparently Dethleffs do not have this. Is this correct.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Tony

If he's mystified why the hell is he selling motorhomes?
If he hasn't checked this for you why did he sell it to you?
Does he say he's done a pre-sale check?

Dethleffs here we go again.
You didn't buy it from Lowdham's did you?

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had alde heating in my last caravan. great system just like being at home BUT bloody complicated to programme, I could never quite get to grips with it and after being cold a few times I managed to work our how to switch it on constant, I think its a programming problem and nothing to do with the MH manufacturer. If you have it set wrong in the display panel the tank can get hot in standby but the pump will not send it round the system.

Does the dealer understand it !!

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
helpful video?

Is this any help to you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lney_KInZvU[/ame]

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
unseen power users

I wonder if a motor or some other function possibly relating to the heating is operating in the background robbing you of the necessary power.

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i have this alde system and the amp setting is purely cosmetic unless it has the sensor fitted which is an optional extra.
if you look at the display at the top left hand corner it should say on or off.
if at the top of the display you have a small box with a lightning flash on it there may be a number in the box with it this tells what electric elements are on.
if it is on 2 or 3 then that is why its tripping the electricity. you have to be careful if using other mains powered things like a kettle for example.

as for the radiators you need the pump turned on for the heat exchanger from the engine to warm the radiators i just turn off the mains settings and the gas but set the temperature to what i want it to be and it all works from there.

feel free to PM me if you require further help with this as i have got to know it very well in the last couple of years.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
talaris

talaris

Free Member
Aug 17, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class Dethleffs
Exp
since 2011
Thanks or all the replies. Really helpful. I think it is tripping on 3kw as the fridge is on and the battery charger is running on float charge so too much load. Anyway 1kw seems enough but will keep an eye on it.

Any ideas on the headlamp function not working with the lights off can't believe that's correct not having flash without headlights on.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back