New friends (1 Viewer)

T

Terry Nathan

Deleted User
We are Terry and Liliane Nathan, avid motorhomers for many years. We live in Suffolk (havng moved there from Spain last year) but are currently in sunny Arizona in our Newmar Kountry Star motorhome. We have our own lot on an RV resort some 40 miles to the west of Phoenix.

We'll return to the UK from Seattle in April, and will come back in late June to spend the summer in Western Canada.

It's nice to be on this Forum. We do belong to the RV Forum here in th States, and have several other Forum members around us here.

Terry and Liliane

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Hi Terry. There are a few Framily members here.

Say hi to the folks at Happy Trails for us. We stopped by HT on our way back to California last year, and the folks had a party for us on Russ' lot. Unfortunately you were back in the UK at the time. One of these days we'll meet in person.

What's it like being a bachelor while Liliane is away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Terry and Liliane, welcome to the Fun, We have a few meets in April and May, look us up before you go to Canada:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Welcome to the best spot,
Where in Suffolk are you based? We are in Weeting, RV parked in Brandon on CC site at present. We are planning a trip to the States at the end of the summer. Do you have M/home here? It might be nice to pull up by us and share a bottle or three!! (That goes for any FUN types) Bring ear plugs, I do tend to waffle on a bit!!!:RollEyes:
Nigel & Pamala

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Terry and Liliane,

Welcome to the FUN site.

Do I envy you over there at the moment. Well, errr, YES.:ROFLMAO:

Send us some pics to cheer us up.:roflmto:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Terry and Liliane,

A big welcome to Fun.

OP
OP
T

Terry Nathan

Deleted User
Introduce yourself

Hi everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome - I should have done this years ago, while we were wandering around Europe in our Vario motorhome. Tom, in answer to your question, normally when the cat is away the mice will play, but in this case the cat left the mouse with a big present - the flu - so not much fun at present - but it will change! Russ is in Tucson just now, at the Country Coach rally.

Home is in the villge of Finningham, Nigel and Pamela - and those who know me will assure you that I probably waffle more than you do, and drink copious amounts of the red nectar too. We don't have a MH in UK now, but there's nothing to stop us driving over to visit with you, perhaps in May if you're around.

Terry

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
HI Tom maybe you should explain that Ameranism Framilyfor the benefit of those over here that haven't heard it

Sure thing Tony, but one caveat: It's a term that was coined by folks on another forum that I admin, and I don't come here to promote that forum. But, here's how that term came about in the context of that forum, in the words of a forum staffer (individual and forum names have been removed):

"The term Framily was coined by another forum staffer during a conversation with me on the desert about how great this forum was. She said it was just like family. I told her it was better because we don't have the arguments families usually get into. She then said it was Framily (friends and family combined). To become an official Framily member one just has to join the forum and participate in the sheer joy of it. Once folks attend a forum rally, they understand the meaning."

Since that time, other forums and groups have adopted a similar term.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
If Terry was so inclined to repeat it, there's a great story about how he and Liliane were introduced to the Framily.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Welcome to the FunForum

I'm also a member of the same US forum and I must say the help fom the guys over there has been great. When I was in Florida in January looking for an RV they gave me help and advise everyday. This help eventually enabled me to do a much better deal than I ever expected. Hope you get the same treatment here. :thumb:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Thanks for the kind words Ror. We have several British couples, including two couples from Ireland, touring the U.S. as I type. One of the couples, complete with 3 kids, arrived in Orlando recently and rented a motorhome for several months.

One of our forum staffers and his wife took them under their wing, meeting them at the RV rental place and arranging a camp site for them for several weeks. They proceeded to invite RV'ing friends to meet and spend time with them and make them feel at home. They also showed them where to park for a grandstand view of the recent Shuttle launch.

Coincidentally, the Florida couple were entertained by Terry and Liliane on a trip around Europe a few years ago. They were scheduled for a cruise down the Nile when they received news of the September 11 event. Terry immediately cancelled the cruise, and Liliane rearranged their entire itinerary and re-booked everything. Terry & Liliane acted as tour guides for what Jim and Pat describe as "the trip of a lifetime".

It's a small world.

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Hope they won't mind if we adopt it here

Not at all Tony; We don't have a monopoly on the term. But you have to include Taffs in your Framily :winky:

OP
OP
T

Terry Nathan

Deleted User
Delighted to oblige Tom – as always! Back in March 1999 we had just taken delivery of a new Country Coach Affinity, and were looking forward to starting our journey through North America. First stop was a full service campground in Brenda, Arizona, a small hamlet south of Quartzsite, which had been booked for us by Jim and Pat Dick, RV Forum members in the States we had ‘met’ on the internet, who were wintering at that park, along with many other RV Forum members. On arrival at reception, Liliane went to book in while I unhooked the Jeep from the back of the motorhome. As I was doing that, a blond lady came up, put her arms round me, kissed me, and said you must be Terry! Quite frankly, if my name had been Fred I would still have owned up to Terry, but that’s another story!

The blond was Pat Dick, and she invited us to a cocktail party taking place that afternoon at 4.30, RV place B.28. When Liliane came from reception she got into the Jeep to drive to the place we had been allocated, and I would follow in the motorhome; I called out to ask her the number of our RV pad, and guess what? It was B.28 – we were the unknowing hosts!

In fact the Forum members had prepared all the food and drinks, and all we had to do was attend – it was a great way to break the ice, and a wonderful introduction to the friendly folks on the RV Forum. The only nervy part of the proceedings was when we pulled up to our designated place B.28 it was a back-in site, and all those Americans were gathered round to see if this Brit would make a mess of reversing a 42 foot rig for the first time. Thanks to Liliane’s directions we made it without trouble!

If I remember well Tom, the word ‘framily’ came about in a discussion between you and Betty Brewer; she and husband Terry are somewhere south of Mexico in their Magna RV just now – brave people!

Terry (Happy Trails Resort, Surprise, Az)

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Terry

It was nice meeting you and Liliane before you left for the States and its good to hear its going well for you. Keep us upto date with your adventures

stew, shona and jessica

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Thanks for posting the story Terry. That's pretty much the way Pat relates it. All I can say is that you and Liliane are good sports.

If I remember well Tom, the word ‘framily’ came about in a discussion between you and Betty Brewer;

Almost right; It was Betty Brewer and Jim Dick.

OP
OP
T

Terry Nathan

Deleted User
Hi Terry

It was nice meeting you and Liliane before you left for the States and its good to hear its going well for you. Keep us upto date with your adventures

stew, shona and jessica

Hi Stew, in fact Liliane is at the house right now - believe it or not the plumber finally got round to installing the new bath! She's due back into Phoenix on Tuesday - hopefully the BA pilot strike won't start that soon.

Say hi to Shona, & cuddle cute Jessica

Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back