Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I have a Rimor NG5 2001, and am toying with taking out the seating around the table (one bench seat each side of table) and putting in an American “rock and roll” settee along the window wall and a table in front of it. I guess that the length of these is variable and of course it might not fit, as I say just an idea at the moment as I find the bench seats that are fitted flipping uncomfortable for a long sit down.
If that idea fails or you guys think it is not a good idea, I may then go for updating the present setup.

At last – now I have explained- my question is: does anybody know of a place that sells rock and roll settees.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i know this may seem a little stupid but maybe somewhere like this... Broken Link Removed

just a suggestion :winky:

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
i know this may seem a little stupid but maybe somewhere like this... Broken Link Removed

just a suggestion :winky:

Thanks for that as you say it's a maybe.

At the moment I am trying to go down the road of maybe a second hand RV rock & rol that I can have recovered. Looked on the net but cannot find one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
HI
Don't forget you have to get it in the door, a friend of ours had a static and had to take out the patio window at the frame to get it in. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi Peter

Now that's a thought, (well done):thumb: , perhaps if I find one I can check the measurements with it open (flat) but you may well be right.

Oh well back to the drawing board!!:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
there are a number of issues

Having a rock and roll bed in my RV (yes still here and not picked up yet:cry:) I see a couple of issues.

How long.. I have seen them slightly different lengths, but they are a good 6' plus long...

as said.. you have got to get it in to the motor home.. that could be fun.

Also have you the internal room to rock and roll it in to the down position? I have no problems with mine as I have a slideout opposite and that gives me bags of room. but a motor home with little isle space may have an issue.

The rock and roll I have is metal framed.. so it is possible to cut it and weld it... but then it is getting someone to re cover it in place on the motorhome.. they do not have removable fabric..

I wish you luck on that one.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Having a rock and roll bed in my RV (yes still here and not picked up yet:cry:) I see a couple of issues.

How long.. I have seen them slightly different lengths, but they are a good 6' plus long...

as said.. you have got to get it in to the motor home.. that could be fun.

Also have you the internal room to rock and roll it in to the down position? I have no problems with mine as I have a slideout opposite and that gives me bags of room. but a motor home with little isle space may have an issue.

The rock and roll I have is metal framed.. so it is possible to cut it and weld it... but then it is getting someone to re cover it in place on the motorhome.. they do not have removable fabric..

I wish you luck on that one.

Bob

Thank for that Bob, its good to "run" ideas through this forum and find out things that you maybe hadn't thought of.:Doh:

Another "Good" idea bites the dust, I will have to re-upholster now and make it as comfy as possible.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back