help needed with seitz windows (1 Viewer)

olminea

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
cardiff
Funster No
MH
pilote
Exp
Hi really need some help with the seitz window markings on my 2003 pilote which i am trying to import from France, took the motorhome to a vosa test centre where the it failed the individual vehicle approval test as the plastic seitz windows are marked with D2307 approval markings and not E type approval markings was told that all windows must be stamped with the E type approval markings. Is there anything i can do to prove that the D2307 markings make the windows as safe as the ones with an E type markings.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hi really need some help with the seitz window markings on my 2003 pilote which i am trying to import from France, took the motorhome to a vosa test centre where the it failed the individual vehicle approval test as the plastic seitz windows are marked with D2307 approval markings and not E type approval markings was told that all windows must be stamped with the E type approval markings. Is there anything i can do to prove that the D2307 markings make the windows as safe as the ones with an E type markings.

Buy a Dremel engraving drill:thumb::thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I would appeal the decision.:Angry:

The windows are not glass and are not part of the vehicle, but the attached body.

How many E marks do you find on an RV?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

olminea

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
cardiff
Funster No
MH
pilote
Exp
I think this problem will affect all european imports that were first registered before July 2003 and are not yet ten years old,(10 years old no test needed) rv's and Japanese imports should have markings that are comparable to the E type approval markings but vosa will not except the D type markings unless i can prove that they are comparable.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If you have wavy line before the D2307, that was the approval mark for safety glass or glass substitutes in Germany before the E mark was introduced.

Pete:Cool:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Read through this thread here
Link Removed

it seems that the e mark came out in 2003

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
On a different theme I read on here I think, a couple decided to live permanently in their property in France, but could not register their MH there has the abbitation door was on the wrong side for France, so reluctantly had to change to a right hand door. Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back