Free Member
Dec 31, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1998
Should I order my new commanche with or without leather seats?
Is it cold
Does it streach or sag
Does it mark easily

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Easy to clean but sticky in the summer and freezing in the winter. Save your money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
After 10 years and 91,000 miles the cream leather on my Hymer still looked like new, when I chopped it in last week. I bet cloth wouldn't have taken so much usage.

If you plan to keep the van for a while, go leather if you can afford it.

Pete:Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi third van,just out of interest how much extra is the leather and what are they doing in leather? Just cab seats or all upholstery ?
Hides are very cheap now,so you could probably get it done as a aftermarket fit cheaper than they are asking for extra,:winky: that way you would have both sets of covers :thumb:
terry

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Hi third van,just out of interest how much extra is the leather and what are they doing in leather? Just cab seats or all upholstery ?
Hides are very cheap now,so you could probably get it done as a aftermarket fit cheaper than they are asking for extra,:winky: that way you would have both sets of covers :thumb:
terry

Been looking into a new Rapido leather front and rear extra £2130 and thats in addition to what you have already paid for the origonal cloth seats :Angry:

Dave

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If it is as much as that, you can get all seat s done and save a good few quid as well :thumb:
Terry

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I had the leather option in our last caravan at £1300 and it was brilliant, the principle reason we had it was that we have about 6 dogs with us and it stays in great condition, its easy to clean and its comfy.
You don't get all the money back when you sell BUT in our case it helped me to get a very quick private sale.

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
Had my rapido reupholstered in leather looks great, easy to clean (use johnsons baby wipes must be johnstons as recommended by reupholsterer not cheapies ) don't find it too cold in winter or too hot in summer even in France

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Don't do it, a waste of money.

In summer it can be hot and sticky, especially if you are wearing shorts, etc whe re your skin is in direct contact. Likewise in winter it feels cold. It will also stretch over time and looks very unattractive.

Having had leather upholstery in the past I would never have leather again in a van or a car..

There are so many comfortable and durable fabrics around now and the choice of patterns and colour schemes is immense...:thumb:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Leatger seats

Any recommendations for recovering including leather and costs please ? :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Spitfire spoken to the person who knows ::bigsmile:–She says hides aprox £120/145 each. Front seats take about 1 ½ hides-got to buy 2 –rest of van usually takes it up to 4/6hides in total .From£35 to 50 per cushion again depends on size :thumb:
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back