Best "Stuff" to take film off (1 Viewer)

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Hi, I am trying to remove the traffic film from the paint work on my MH and wondered if you helpful guys could suggest something that would remove the film....but leave the paintwork on.

This may (I am sure) have been covered in a previous post but having looked, I cannot find it.

Thanks for any help given:thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
TFR- Traffic film remover--used by commercial companies for cleaning trailers,chassis ect.
Put on with a pressure washer or even pust some on a sponge wipe over a wet van and swill off.
I have always used it for 35 years some days at work --good stuff :thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Brasso!!! Cheap, and you can't beat it for restoring your paintwork.

Yep! I'm with you on that:thumb: Especially on an older M/H.

And before you Knock it try it:Smile: A panal beater first suggested it to me, and yes I thought the Fella was nuts:Doh:

But I did as he said, washed and Polished my M/H, then took the brasso and rubbed it on the Windscreen Piller, the cloth ended up filthy:Doh: I havn't done it on this one but on my old one (G Reg) I used to do it once every year , the resulting finish was surprising

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
Good stuff definately - but need to remember that it is abrasive. Brasso consists of silica as a mild abrasive, alcohol and amonia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Yes, Brasso is slightly abrasive, but nowhere near as abrasive as T-Cut for instance, which is actually designed to remove traffic film. (Brasso in fact is recommended in the Elddis owner-manual for removing minor scratches from the habitation windows.) If you want to test it, use it on a (coloured) car and see how much colour is removed - very llittle - if any at all. If you did it with T-Cut you'll see that it actually lifts some of the colour off.
But, like anything, test it on a small area to assure yourself it's OK to use..... and I hereby claim indemnity! :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back