Awning Leg Swivel for FIAMMA 'F' 45 Ti (1 Viewer)

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
I have a Swift Kontiki 669 with a Fiamma F45 Ti L awning with plastic swivel joints which allow the legs to be withdrawn from the Canopy Facia and turned down to the ground. They work wonderfully well BUT, when they are subjected to any pressure, they break. I have broken five of them so far and at £16 replacement, I'm getting fed up:cry:. The time before last that one broke, I sent off for a replacement and lo and behold I received an aluminium one. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!..........Alas NO.
The other side (Plastic) broke. Now try as I may, I cannot get an aluminium one for the right hand side. I am told that the aluminium ones were the original design but they now only make them in plastic.
Now I can't see for the life of me why Fiamma would cause themselves all that extra work of selling lots of plastic (breakable) swivels when they could quite simply continue to manufacture aluminium (unbreakable) ones.
Unless they have some thieving intention of ripping off we motorhomers for spare parts.
Now, the point of my rant, does anybody know where I can get aluminium r/h swivel joints for my awning. I have been in contact with Johns Cross Motorhomes and Darrel is very kindly trying to trace one for me, (thankyou Peter), but any information would be appreciated.
Thankyou one and all..............Adrian:thumb:

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Same MH, same awning, same problem.

Only had one break so far and assumed I was just unlucky, maybe not. Best order a couple of spares me thinks.

Would be very interested to hear if you track down the aluminum ones.

Thanks

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
hi there,

try www. outdoorbits.co.uk

i have same motorhome they helped me:thumb:
Thanks "Driving",
I've been on the phone to outdoor bits but unfortunately they only have the L/H one which I already have. I'll keep looking though and if I find any, Steve, I'll let you know.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
who ever told you the plastic ones replaced the alloy ones was wrong....the alloys replaced the plastic ones.

I got one a couple of years ago and they were in short supply back then :Eeek:

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
who ever told you the plastic ones replaced the alloy ones was wrong....the alloys replaced the plastic ones.

I got one a couple of years ago and they were in short supply back then :Eeek:
Thanks Papajohn, but I think you'll find it's the other way round, they advertise them now as the new reinforced hard plastic swivel holder. The only thing that they reinforce is the bank balance of FIAMMA.
I have, however had a response from Darren at Johns Cross Motor-homes and he has managed to locate a L/H aluminium swivel,which is available for anyone to purchase. I've already got the L/H one and I'm still searching for a R/H one.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Papajohn, but I think you'll find it's the other way round, they advertise them now as the new reinforced hard plastic swivel holder. The only thing that they reinforce is the bank balance of FIAMMA.
I have, however had a response from Darren at Johns Cross Motor-homes and he has managed to locate a L/H aluminium swivel,which is available for anyone to purchase. I've already got the L/H one and I'm still searching for a R/H one.
Ok, but the original was plastic (exactly the same design as the alloy one)...replaced by aluminium and obviously now replaced once again by REINFORCED plastic. :Doh::RollEyes:

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
Ok, but the original was plastic (exactly the same design as the alloy one)...replaced by aluminium and obviously now replaced once again by REINFORCED plastic. :Doh::RollEyes:
If that is the case, they probably found that the aluminium ones weren't selling as well as the plastic ones so they have changed back to the plastic.
I don't know why the aluminium ones weren't selling well,
Probably because they don't break and don't need replacing.
Wise up Fiamma and stop selling goods which are not fit for purpose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
The answer from one sales person I spoke to yesterday (not Johns Cross), was that the plastic ones were designed to break when too push stress was applied to save the leg breaking which was more expensive. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Movin' on

Movin' on

Free Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2001
The answer from one sales person I spoke to yesterday (not Johns Cross), was that the plastic ones were designed to break when too push stress was applied to save the leg breaking which was more expensive. :ROFLMAO:
I have trawled the net to resolve my/our problem and I have spoken to numerous helpful souls in the process, so many in fact that I couldn't possibly remember their names so instead I have given them a letter in alphabetical order -----A soul, B soul C soul etc. I think the one you spoke to will probably be No 18 on the list and will be listed as R soul.:ROFLMAO:

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the info re Johns Cross, I have ordered that aluminium one, we are both one short, all we need is a good pair between us......::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back