Injectors Price (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Ive been told by the garage that they have to change the injectors since they are worn and letting too much fuel through, the labour charge is £55 an hour and will take approx 6hrs, they said they will phone me in the morning to let me know how much the injectors will be.
Does anyone have an idea how much they are gonna cost???
Are van is the peugeot autocruise 1.9td year 1999.

Many thanks to those who can give me a ball part figure before the garage rings.

:Cool:ROB&JANE:Cool:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If it's a full injector replacement required they appear to range between £80 and £150 each.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Ive been told by the garage that they have to change the injectors since they are worn and letting too much fuel through, the labour charge is £55 an hour and will take approx 6hrs, they said they will phone me in the morning to let me know how much the injectors will be.
Does anyone have an idea how much they are gonna cost???
Are van is the peugeot autocruise 1.9td year 1999.

Many thanks to those who can give me a ball part figure before the garage rings.

Hi ask if they can recalabrate the injectors, 3years ago over here had ours recalabrated, and only cost around 1300 skr = around 130 pounds, took out the injectors my self and refitted them, its like taking spark plugs out of a petrol engine, but dont forget to bleed them after, ask your local diesel enginnering shop, hope this help full to you,cheers Alf:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
They do seem to be quoting high on man Hrs for that job
Book times circa
All injectors 2.10 Hrs
All fuel pipes 0.6 Hrs
Bleed system 0.30 Hrs
Total 3 hrs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Geo beat me to it !!
That is really taking the mick as far as time goes..
The average home mechanic should take no longer than 3 to 4 hours even if they run in to a stick injector

Maybe 15 years ago before self bleed systems came in to common use you could add another 30 mins or so max..
Six hours ? Either they are incompetent or rips off merchants !!:Eeek:

OP
OP
ROB1CHELSEA1
Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Ive been in touch with the garage again today and i mentioned if the injectors could be recalabrated, to which they said they were speaking to someone in the know and after another phone call from me they say they are taking them to this someone in the know person to see if it can be done. the garage also informed me i have what you call a wet engine type of vehicle:Eeek:??? im just keeping my fingers crossed till i hear the outcome tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back