Will you leave the sat nav on and tow ball? (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yesterday I get an email via ebay message from a possible buyer... not many of those about I can tell you.... so he asks will I leave the sat nag and tow ball on.... I had said in the ebay advert I was removing them as I had reduced the price to silly money £22,500 for my Winnebago.

So I get his email lunch time and respond... yes and yes.... gave a few more details suggested he might phone me and give me his email address so i could send a list of all the other 113 items removed but for haggle. Hit the send button.... and I wait and wait ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

heard nothing back.... I do wonder if it is a funster at work.... I am getting used to the time wasters, but so far no one has been to see the RV.... so I have not wasted any cups or tea or had to do as Eddie of VanBitz has .. kiss the baby's head:Sad:

Strange world we live it......

Bob:Blush:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yesterday I get an email via ebay message from a possible buyer... not many of those about I can tell you.... so he asks will I leave the sat nag and tow ball on.... I had said in the ebay advert I was removing them as I had reduced the price to silly money £22,500 for my Winnebago.

So I get his email lunch time and respond... yes and yes.... gave a few more details suggested he might phone me and give me his email address so i could send a list of all the other 113 items removed but for haggle. Hit the send button.... and I wait and wait ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

heard nothing back.... I do wonder if it is a funster at work.... I am getting used to the time wasters, but so far no one has been to see the RV.... so I have not wasted any cups or tea or had to do as Eddie of VanBitz has .. kiss the baby's head:Sad:

Strange world we live it......

Have you thought of a forum raffle bob, £1 to £5 a ticket winner takes all. I'll have a couple of tickets:winky: Or even £10 a ticket you only need to sell 2250 tickets, now that cant be too difficult.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I see a problem Buttons

Have you thought of a forum raffle bob, £1 to £5 a ticket winner takes all. I'll have a couple of tickets:winky: Or even £10 a ticket you only need to sell 2250 tickets, now that cant be too difficult.

I see a problem Buttons.... we do not have that number of live members.... back to the drawing board.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I see a problem Buttons.... we do not have that number of live members.... back to the drawing board.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Bob
Dont give up yet Bob, I'm sure your good wife could sell a few at her place of work, you could park it in the town and sell a few more. You could put any additional funds to a charity of your choice.:thumb:
Are you sure we dont have that many live members......(-;

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
If that RV came up in a raffle and with such a low pool of members joining ,i would go up to £30 for a punt.:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If that RV came up in a raffle and with such a low pool of members joining ,i would go up to £30 for a punt.:thumb:
Just 750 tickets @ £30 they are very good odds for such a splendid prize. I'll take one of those.:Cool: Anyone else interested........:winky:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Just 750 tickets @ £30 they are very good odds for such a splendid prize. I'll take one of those.:Cool: Anyone else interested........:winky:
All to do is arrange a (poll) type of raffle thread to be started, then when 750+ members are up and ready to go then use a paypal acc ect .
Every punter has his number.
When all monies have been collected, hold live auction at a show :thumb:
I want that RV :winky:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
All to do is arrange a (poll) type of raffle thread to be started, then when 750+ members are up and ready to go then use a paypal acc ect .
Every punter has his number.
When all monies have been collected, hold live auction at a show :thumb:
I want that RV :winky:
Great idea, you could have someone famous in like ShiftZZ to draw the ticket. :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sounds easy but it doesn't work all the time. We had someone try to raffle an RV here and everywhere else last year. He withdrew it in the end through lack of interest.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
You could include "the other side" too:ROFLMAO:
I'd have a punt too. Don't know what I'd do if I won!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Dont you need a lottery licence to do that sort of thing?

It would be ok just on here I think but I wouldnt go selling ticketys to Joe Public.

I would be in but wouldn't know what to do with it if I won.

Not sure I could afford the fuel from Tunbridge Wells to Sidcup either::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
To day is a first

This afternoon I have a couple coming to see the RV... from Folkestone, so not a million miles away... will they? won't they? the couple saw it on Preloved.

now must keep saying to myself..do not get excited.... do not get excited:winky:

Bob

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This afternoon I have a couple coming to see the RV... from Folkestone, so not a million miles away... will they? won't they? the couple saw it on Preloved.

now must keep saying to myself..do not get excited.... do not get excited:winky:

Bob

Fingers crossed.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

Bob
Dont forget to offer the Jammy Dodgers around.:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good Luck Bob
images

Willy Bippet

Free Member
Sep 4, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Bob - new member replying.

I wish I had seen your advert a week ago, however I splashed out 24k on Saturday on something else.

I love the van I bought - Autocruiser Starburst. But I love yours more! :whatthe:

I'll console myself with the thought that it would be too long to fit through the gate of the sports ground where I am twice a month ::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I for one may have a punt, but I too would be like JJ no use :Smile: so would end up sticking it on ebay-no reserve auction :thumb: at 30 quid bound to show a profit :thumb:
Terry

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
This afternoon I have a couple coming to see the RV... :winky:

Bob

just remember you only need 1 buyer, Ive sold loads of suff/cars/vans/houses when Ive only ever had 1 veiwer and they have bought.

Im not trying to be funny just advice,

1::bigsmile:ont oversell, let the buyer buy, they would not be there if they wernt interested.

2: keep you dog out of the way, not everybody likes them

good luck

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
all advice is welcome

just remember you only need 1 buyer, Ive sold loads of suff/cars/vans/houses when Ive only ever had 1 veiwer and they have bought.

Im not trying to be funny just advice,

1::bigsmile:ont oversell, let the buyer buy, they would not be there if they wernt interested.

2: keep you dog out of the way, not everybody likes them

good luck

All advice is welcome... they have two dogs themselves... so that is a good start. is it big enough? anyone that has seen Ezzie would know at 80 kgs she is big.

I do not do hard sell:winky: as you know.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well you missed a good one

Hi Bob - new member replying.

I wish I had seen your advert a week ago, however I splashed out 24k on Saturday on something else.

I love the van I bought - Autocruiser Starburst. But I love yours more! :whatthe:

I'll console myself with the thought that it would be too long to fit through the gate of the sports ground where I am twice a month ::bigsmile:

It has been floating about on the site for about 3 months... Was asking £34k fully loaded, have taken a lot off and it is now rock bottom at £22,500... still has a massive amount of fixed gear.

Advertised on ebay, preloved, gumtree and a few other places.

This is a 23'3" Winnebago RV with 19,800 mile on the clock.... full service history. 2005 with a slide out.

Tax and MOT until way into next year.

Has rear remote air suspension ..controlled from the cab by a fob.... 26" TV separate DVD, NETA satellite dome free to air unit. VanBitz full strike back alarm... 7 new tyres... lots and lots of other things like air con via ducts in habitation are, American big fridge and a seperate door freezer, 4 hob burner and a mircowave combo overn.. plus a 4 kw benny (chassis) mounted.. a Sterling pure wave inverter 1500 watts.. the list goes on and on...

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am told the smell of freshly ground coffee and sunlight streaming through the windows helps a sale in these circumstances...

Good luck Bob... :thumb:

I am, however, slightly concerned that when the Aspect is sold I will have a lack of morning reading material... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

PS. Please don't drop the price any lower... :winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do not worry JJ

I am told the smell of freshly ground coffee and sunlight streaming through the windows helps a sale in these circumstances...

Good luck Bob... :thumb:

I am, however, slightly concerned that when the Aspect is sold I will have a lack of morning reading material... :ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

PS. Please don't drop the price any lower... :winky:

Do not worry JJ... I always have some thing to say.... even if it drives Shiffty mad... like the USA rocks.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I wonder how Bob got on with his would be buyers?

Either they have bought and Bob is celebrating or they are still reading the list of extras he has produced.::bigsmile:

Hope it went well Bob:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I wonder how Bob got on with his would be buyers?

Either they have bought and Bob is celebrating or [HI]they are still reading the list of extras[/HI] he has produced.::bigsmile:

Hope it went well Bob:thumb:

:ROFLMAO: :roflmto: :ROFLMAO: Very Good

...............Deep down, I do hope it is sold though

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
I hope Bob has offered to pay their first year's membership on here, got to be a deal clincher.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back