Why no refund? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
On a French campsite -Saint Mount Michel- we booked in , parked up ,brewed up.
Straight away we invaded with flies and wasps, i have a allergy to stings and will have to be carried off if stung.
We tried using the fly screens and sitting inside but they flew in through the door when opened.
Packed up ,pulled the wire and went back to reception where the receptionist (with flies all over head) said there was not a problem and would not refund any money.:Angry:
Was i entitled to a refund?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Not knowing French Law, I suspect not.

Not having any flies was not part of the contract, the vendor had/has no way of knowing your problem with fies etc and has no way of preventing them.

I suspect your choice to move was that, your choice..

I suspect some of our Legal eagles may add to this...

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Not knowing French Law, I suspect not.

Not having any flies was not part of the contract, the vendor had/has no way of knowing your problem with fies etc and has no way of preventing them.

I suspect your choice to move was that, your choice..

I suspect some of our Legal eagles may add to this...

Our experience in France..WHAT REFUNDS:ROFLMAO:....they have never heard of the word, or would understand the meaning of it.... we have had a few run-ins..over here with retailers... we was told by the French manager France do NOT do refunds:Doh: .....this is not the UK:winky::winky:the European law means nothing here.......sorry to hear of your bad experience...and I hope your next campsite is better.....try the free Aires, that way you would not need a refund if you had the same problem:thumb:..pack up move on...

Shifty is correct :Eeek::Doh::winky::winky:....1 up for SHIFTZZ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely it can't be right that the French don't give refunds?

We see so many threads telling us how much better in all ways France is than the UK so it can't possibly be true :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Surely it can't be right that the French don't give refunds?

We see so many threads telling us how much better in all ways France is than the UK so it can't possibly be true :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Do you want Munchie back?

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
For all the Receptionist knew you could have topped up with water, emptied waste water and cassette, used the site toilets and showers and then asked for a refund.

Probably you didn't do all of that but I bet some iriots have tried all, or some, of those tricks and no site owner, French or otherwise, is going to give a refund just because you didn't like the flying insect problem.

:france::france::france:

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
For all the Receptionist knew you could have topped up with water, emptied waste water and cassette, used the site toilets and showers and then asked for a refund.

Probably you didn't do all of that but I bet some iriots have tried all, or some, of those tricks and no site owner, French or otherwise, is going to give a refund just because you didn't like the flying insect problem.

:france::france::france:
It was quite bad there ,wasps all over the place--- maybe a case of unfit for purpose intended ?--- ie: camping ! i spose i have been (stung) again ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Dare I ask, how long had you booked in for? Could you not have asked for another pitch?

Booked in for 20 mins just enough time to wind out the awning and make tea-----wasps invaded the whole site ,they must have had a wasp nest around.

We did wonder why there were vans about, but no people, that was why!!
28 Eu down, next time i`ll walk around first and look !:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I haven't seen many wasps this year. Hardly any apples on our apple trees either.

Is there a connection?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
i cant think of having to pay for a pitch before we leave and have had to leave a site early once and never asked for a refund but when they made the bill up they only charged for what id stayed maybe because i just turned up and didnt book in advance.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I haven't seen many wasps this year. Hardly any apples on our apple trees either.

Is there a connection?

We had a wasp in the house yesterday, first I can remember seeing this year.

Apples, plums, cherries and elderberries are all well down on last year. There was something in the news about fruit a couple of weeks ago. Seems it was all down to bad weather at the time flowers should have been pollinated and fruit set.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Refund

What next, a refund if it rains, or its windy or there are mossies. I wouldn't have the cheek to ask.
I sympathise with a wasp sting allergy but it don't cut any ice when asking for a refund. The site owners have no more control over the flying insects than they do the weather.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Most sites i go on get payed when i leave.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I [HI]haven't seen many wasps[/HI] this year. Hardly any apples on our apple trees either.

Is there a connection?

[HI]Yup, they are all in France[/HI]:ROFLMAO:

We had a wasp in the house yesterday, first I can remember seeing this year.

Apples, plums, cherries and elderberries are all well down on last year. There was something in the news about fruit a couple of weeks ago. Seems it was all down to bad weather at the time [HI]flowers should have been pollinated[/HI] and fruit set.

Aren't we mixing up our bees and our wasps, surely wasps don't make honey!:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Aren't we mixing up our bees and our wasps, surely wasps don't make honey!:Doh:

Oh yes they do.......

images

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Dammit! 16 adders in our garden the other week - I must ask for our money back... :winky:

Just done 918km trip round Brittany ... wasps, flies, mosquitoes ... got a fly-swatter for when they came too close ... as for the cows, owls, seagulls etc., tch! Plagued with'em! Missed the village church bells though ...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Realy:whatthe: I'd love to see an adder, never seen one yet:Sad:

Pop down to the sand dunes at Freshwater West in Pembrokeshire if you want to see them - may to September. There were loads last year in the dunes and slithering down the road. :whatthe:

As kids we used to tease them, now I just leg it::bigsmile:

mr moo

Free Member
Jun 1, 2011
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
VW van conversion
Exp
on & off for some time!
we were once asked for a refund because the pitches were
a] grass
b] the site did not have lighting

then we have had requestes for refund because it is too noisey or too quiet,

the best has to be
'my wife hase just had a heart attack' but 'no we don't need an ambulance' & they didn't need the help of a paramedic who was pitched opposite!

bear in mind we are talking about a 5 van cl site.

why, if visitors don't like the site can't they just say so? :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back