Free Member
Sep 3, 2012
Dawlish. Devon
Funster No
MH
Danbury Royale T5.1 HiTop
Exp
Since 1970
Hello and thank you for the introduction.

Started motorcaravinning in an early 1968 VW T2 LHD bay window with Westphalia conversion imported from South Africa by a neighbour who eventually got too old and frail to cope with a vehicle with no power brakes or steering and obviously LHD did not help. I introduced her to 'haggleing' and managed to save her £3000 on the purchase of a new VW Polo. She in turn, gave me the T2 as a present. We kept and used this until 1999 and then I found I couldn't keep up with the rust bogey. Sold it as scrap for £1000.

Ordered a brand new VW T5.1 Royale HiTop together with many adaptations for medical reasons, from Danbury and have had the occasional break during the last year or so. Would like to have taken longer breaks but medical problems and a complete loss of our bungalow due to a fire, have got in the way after a heart transplant in 1994.

Looking forward to receiving your replies.

Kind regards,

John.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Ullo John! Gotta New Motor?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGMTCfjnP6Y[/ame]

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hello and thank you for the introduction.

Started motorcaravinning in an early 1968 VW T2 LHD bay window with Westphalia conversion imported from South Africa by a neighbour who eventually got too old and frail to cope with a vehicle with no power brakes or steering and obviously LHD did not help. I introduced her to 'haggleing' and managed to save her £3000 on the purchase of a new VW Polo. She in turn, gave me the T2 as a present. We kept and used this until 1999 and then I found I couldn't keep up with the rust bogey. Sold it as scrap for £1000.

Ordered a brand new VW T5.1 Royale HiTop together with many adaptations for medical reasons, from Danbury and have had the [HI]occasional break[/HI] during the last year or so. Would like to have taken longer breaks but [HI]medical problems[/HI] and a [HI]complete loss of our bungalow due to a fire,[/HI] have got in the way after a [HI]heart transplant[/HI] in 1994.

Looking forward to receiving your replies.

Kind regards,

John.

Hi John and :welcomefunster:

All of the above plus I notice you live down near Old Mo, so tell me John your middle name wouldn't be 'Lucky' would it?

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH