Oldhymer

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
Charente Maritime, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 years, but not as frequently as we'd like!
A new arrival on the forum.

We have a '92 Hymer B544 (the proverbial one previous owner, low mileage, full history, always kept under cover kind) which I bought in Germany about 5 years ago and re-registered in France where we now live. Much loved by its first owner and still kept under cover in our barn when not in use it's still in beautiful condition. I'd be interested to hear from owners of other older motorhomes.

We've not used it as much as we'd like due to busy summers restoring and running the Gites but it has been to the Med and the Loire chateaux once each and England a few times for family visits. Life for motorhomes (Camping Cars here) is much simpler in France because of great choice of free or inexpensive 'Aires' in almost every town.

If we can be of any help with info on this part of France (Charente Maritime)
or registering motorhomes in France (sometimes more difficult than it looks) please just ask.

The Gite season is running down now, so next week we plan to head for the Venise Verte - we spotted a great 'Aire' at Coulon when we passed in the car recently ...

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

We have a '92 Hymer B544 (the proverbial one previous owner, low mileage, full history, always kept under cover kind) which I bought in Germany about 5 years ago and re-registered in France where we now live. Much loved by its first owner and still kept under cover in our barn when not in use it's still in beautiful condition. I'd be interested to hear from owners of other older motorhomes.

We've not used it as much as we'd like due to busy summers restoring and running the Gites but it has been to the Med and the Loire chateaux once each and England a few times for family visits. Life for motorhomes (Camping Cars here) is much simpler in France because of great choice of free or inexpensive 'Aires' in almost every town.

or registering motorhomes in France (sometimes more difficult than it looks) please just ask.

The Gite season is running down now, so next week we plan to head for the Venise Verte - we spotted a great 'Aire' at Coulon when we passed in the car recently ...

Hi and Welcome to Motorhome Fun.......Glad to hear you have a very nice much treasured Camping car :thumb:

Mel

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi and Welcome to Motorhome Fun.......Glad to hear you have a very nice much treasured Camping car :thumb:

Mel
Hi and Welcome from us in Sweden:thumb:, like you we pulled out of blighty 10 years ago, we run a mercedes/hobby mh, a very well planned and strong mh with a engine size of 3liters strong on power, we travel alot all year round and in winters down to -28 its all ways been cosy in side and drove well in these conditions, as far as i can see from newer mh these days the old german build standards was much superb,& materials much supieror than of to day, Cheers Alf and Marianne.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Welcome. You live in a beautiful area.

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003

Hello. Thanks for the offer of help. Something tells me that I might well be in touch soon for some general guidance on touring France long-term.
All the best
Sciac2001

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Hi there

We are loving our new to us 1992 Hymer 544. Lots of space inside but small enough to park easily. We also love the panoramic view from the bay window. It certainly seems well built so just adding our own personal touches.
We are taking her on her first trip abroad on Sept 14th and can't wait.

Deborah and Colin aka Helga

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Hi and welcome to Fun

We passed through your area yesterday en route to Ares on the Arcachon Basin :thumb:
I hope you get to use your Hymer more & enjoy your travels.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back