Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Caravan for 4 years; new to motorhoming
Hi

Having got back home after being out and about we noticed water on the table, floor and seat which had come through the roof light :Sad: - granted it was absolutely lashing down. We took it back to the dealer and they told us the water/rain gets blown in and is a common problem with all types of vans :Confused:

They did drop the bottom frame for me to have a look and there was no sign of water penetration.

Do any of you get the same thing happening? If it's that's common I guess I'll be hearing from all of you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Many thanks
Rachel

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Never had that problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
depends on the type of roof light fitted.

some have slight but permenant ventilation even when closed but the rain would need to be horizontal and in a force 9 gale to find its way in.

stick a free running hose pipe on the roof for while and see if it still leaks then..if it does, you have a failed seal

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi

Thanks for the replies so far.

It is the type that's like a sun roof with a windy handle (and permenant ventilation) rather than a small sky light.

Off to try the running hose pipe on now.

Thanks again and keep them coming :Smile:

Upvote 0

Pigwam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Sort of defeats the object, if its meant to let water in then it will have a warning in the handbook.

But somehow i doubt its made to let water in - email the manufacturer - then you will know for sure.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi

[HI]It is the type that's like a sun roof with a windy handle [/HI](and permenant ventilation) rather than a small sky light.

We have one of those (Heki 3) and never any problems with water penetration when it's closed.

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi

It is the type that's like a sun roof with a windy handle (and permenant ventilation) rather than a small sky light.

I don't how old your RAPIDO motorhome is....ours is year 2011...and we have what you call the windy handle type......now our RAPIDO dealer made a point of telling us, when you wind the roof light down even though it looks closed keep winding (not with great excessive force to break it) until you come a stop....then and only if needed just wind it back in the opposite direction about a 1/4 turn so its fit into the recess....he said this is to seal the roof light...its just a thought you may not have been completely closed.

Now to answer your question... NO... we do not get any water in when the roof light is closed.

Mel

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Got one on my motorhome and two on the caravan and no water has ever come in unless they are open:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks for all your replies. Yep, it's a leaky seal, now back dealers to sort:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do any of you get the same thing happening? If it's that's common I guess I'll be hearing from all of you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Many thanks
Rachel

Yes.

It needs a lot of wind and rain in a certain direction and then it can blow a bit of water over the sill. Only happened twice in 5 years.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well we sat through a 3 hour thunder storm the other night and is was lashing it down and not one drop of rain so I would be heading back to the dealer and getting it fixed. Bloody cheek I think to tell you the bullS1it.......

Don

Upvote 0

Deleted User
we had it happen in a thunderstorm once, mind you the skylight was open at the time.

spongy

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back