Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Another hour plus today, and 7 carrier bags... we finally finished unloading the RV... took the two safes off this morning (one large one small)... cleared out the slide out cupboard of all the tins and dry items... cutlery draws out and pots and pans off.. even the boxes I have all the spare bulbs in.. just got to put the old lights back and take the LEDs out. it is now down to bare bones and reduced accordingly.

Advertised all over the place. ... need to drain the water down next weekend

where did we get all this gear from... we must have been carrying a lot of extras we did not really need.

Bob:Blush:

Tackleberry

Free Member
May 27, 2011
Buckley Flintshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel elkridge expres
Exp
5years
Hi Bob
great fun it isn,t i thought you had just about got it sorted how you wanted it .So what you getting next Mal:Doh:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
where did we get all this gear from... we must have been carrying a lot of extras we did not really need.

Really?
:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a toy hauler is next

Hi Bob
great fun it isn,t i thought you had just about got it sorted how you wanted it .So what you getting next Mal:Doh:

It is a toy hauler.. a bit long... by 6' of so.... same as I have now .. just a lift at the back and a storage room for the scooters etc., plus a couple of slides rather than one.

But I cannot believe it has not gone yet. At this rate I will have to put it in to deep storage .. cannot get them both on the drive at the same time... But I object to the high storage fees at the Yellow Box up the road.. and then there is the issue of no EHU......

Oh well

Bob

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Bob good Luck, they say things happen in three's so yours and Brians next.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Well done Bob, did it take you long to get the oil out of the sump??????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nothing selling at moment much. Plenty of dreamers about with no money. Good Luck.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You do realise that it will get 24 mpg at least now that it is 3 tonne lighter.....:roflmto:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think Old Mo might disagree:winky:

As I learnt, third time round, a lot is all to do with the wording of your add..

The other times I gave as big and as good a desription as I honestly could...

This time I kept it to a minimum... and let the punters ( Or punter in this case)..decide when they looked...

I had one silly offer and one that was near the mark and one who drove nearly 500 mile round trip.. and bought.. :thumb:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
my adverts is very minimal

As I learnt, third time round, a lot is all to do with the wording of your add..

The other times I gave as big and as good a desription as I honestly could...

This time I kept it to a minimum... and let the punters ( Or punter in this case)..decide when they looked...

I had one silly offer and one that was near the mark and one who drove nearly 500 mile round trip.. and bought.. :thumb:::bigsmile:

The advert Mo is very minimal.... had a few enquiries from Gumtree.. but no has looked at it yet. A few time wasters... like first email I am not worried about the fuel, yet in the next email he is worried about the fuel.. so I just said suggest you buy a european.

Sill offers by the handful.... none anywhere near even the lower price... at the price I have it up for it is going bare bones, will even remove the LED lights and put the old car type back plus take the Bores marker poles off.. 4 small bolts... the American type cushions and wool carpet in the American flag.. table cloth that sort of thing... if someone wants them they can haggle... there is a long list of extras if anyone needs them.

Seems there are buyers out there.. just netting one is the issue.

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have followed your "selling the Aspect" threads with interest Bob and I have some thoughts which you probably have already had... but who knows?

Am I right that one of the main reasons to sell it is to make space for the next one (as well as to facilitate the finance of it?)

I am wondering how much your understandable desire to complete a deal with a "toy hauler" is influencing your selling policies.

By removing all the "toys" and then lowering the price seems to suggest that the only reason the Aspect isn't selling is because it is too expensive. But I submit that this is only for the people who have showed an interest so far.

I would think that these "toys" might have been strong selling points when you eventually meet up with the person who is going to buy it... for we are all certain that it will indeed sell eventually.

I am of the belief that the buyer of your RV (at a price that you would be very happy with) is out there somewhere and it is a case of the two of you finding each other.

I understand from the people who know (I don't) that your Aspect is in great condition and is offered at a very fair price.... therefore...

If it were me I would decide on a price once and for all. State the price in the adverts with "NO OFFERS" stated clearly in the ad. This to me shows confidence in the worth of vehicle and fairness in the asking price.

And then be prepared to wait (some more.) Concentrate on finding that "right person" through more advertising. Your buyer is out there... eventually you will meet up... and I am sure that when the Aspect is sold you will still have a choice of "toy haulers" that are perfect for you to buy.

I wouldn't try to speed up the sale simply because your heart is set on completing a deal elsewhere unless you want that particular vehicle really, really, really badly. If you do, then you have to sell at a "silly" price to get what you want "right now."

I am sure those people who can wait and wait end up with the right "deal"... although it might have cost them a few happy weekends away...

I read in a "How to Sell" book once that "or offers" shows weakness and if a product keeps being reduced either in price or value (removing of items) or both, it puts some people off.

Sorry for the ramble... :Blush:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The advert Mo is very minimal.... had a few enquiries from Gumtree.. but no has looked at it yet. A few time wasters... like first email I am not worried about the fuel, yet in the next email he is worried about the fuel.. so I just said suggest you buy a european.

Sill offers by the handful.... none anywhere near even the lower price... at the price I have it up for it is going bare bones, will even remove the LED lights and put the old car type back plus take the Bores marker poles off.. 4 small bolts... the American type cushions and wool carpet in the American flag.. table cloth that sort of thing... if someone wants them they can haggle... there is a long list of extras if anyone needs them.

Seems there are buyers out there.. just netting one is the issue.

Bob

You can over personalise a motorhome , just like a house.
First rule in selling anything is de clutter and clean.
I would have removed the american flags ,cushions, pictures ,posters ,plaques , cowboys and indians and any other fussy personal extras , first not last.
Saying that your even taking out the light bulbs now , is just playing into all the told you so's and micky takers on here Bob.
You will sell it eventually. As JJ says its a good price.
If i were you I would stop posting about it . Let the threads die off. I dont think your doing your self any favours .
Just let it sell , which it will , then tell everyone when you do.:thumb:
Bev

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
read with interest

I have followed your "selling the Aspect" threads with interest Bob and I have some thoughts which you probably have already had... but who knows?

Am I right that one of the main reasons to sell it is to make space for the next one (as well as to facilitate the finance of it?)

I am wondering how much your understandable desire to complete a deal with a "toy hauler" is influencing your selling policies.

By removing all the "toys" and then lowering the price seems to suggest that the only reason the Aspect isn't selling is because it is too expensive. But I submit that this is only for the people who have showed an interest so far.

I would think that these "toys" might have been strong selling points when you eventually meet up with the person who is going to buy it... for we are all certain that it will indeed sell eventually.

I am of the belief that the buyer of your RV (at a price that you would be very happy with) is out there somewhere and it is a case of the two of you finding each other.

I understand from the people who know (I don't) that your Aspect is in great condition and is offered at a very fair price.... therefore...

If it were me I would decide on a price once and for all. State the price in the adverts with "NO OFFERS" stated clearly in the ad. This to me shows confidence in the worth of vehicle and fairness in the asking price.

And then be prepared to wait (some more.) Concentrate on finding that "right person" through more advertising. Your buyer is out there... eventually you will meet up... and I am sure that when the Aspect is sold you will still have a choice of "toy haulers" that are perfect for you to buy.

I wouldn't try to speed up the sale simply because your heart is set on completing a deal elsewhere unless you want that particular vehicle really, really, really badly. If you do, then you have to sell at a "silly" price to get what you want "right now."

I am sure those people who can wait and wait end up with the right "deal"... although it might have cost them a few happy weekends away...

I read in a "How to Sell" book once that "or offers" shows weakness and if a product keeps being reduced either in price or value (removing of items) or both, it puts some people off.

Sorry for the ramble... :Blush:

Hi JJ

I do not have offer on any of the adverts.. they were removed as I felt the price now is very reasonable as I would.

We are not in a forced situation for a sale.... while I have the 'hots' for the toy hauler I can wait if I have to.

In fact only a few moments ago we booked a holiday in Cape Town for February 2013 ... boy that is expensive and gone up since the last visit. But having a 4 x 4 a hotel on the Victoria and Alfred Water Front .. and economy premium seats does push it up. So anyone that thinks it is a forced sale for money would be wrong.

I cannot have the toy hauler until the Aspect goes ... just do not have room for the RV, 2 cars and a small trailer on my drive.

But I have tried stripping lots of the items out to reduce the price. I may keep some for the toy hauler when it arrives, or I may sell them to the new owner or put them on ebay. My own gut feeling was it was £30k worth loaded... OK so there are few out there with cash.. I have reduced it as far as I am prepared to go. As we can see form Mo's RV he had to also had to come down from the original price... But, no one is going to see the price come any lower. Those that know the RV, will agree I am sure that it is in excellent condition and I look after it like a baby.

When this run of adverts ends .. I will not advertise it until next year and I will judge the market then and pitch the RV price accordingly.

We have already made some plans for next year which are not RV orientated.. the trip to Cape Town on the 5th February, and on 28th April a cruise up to Norway. As I have said JJ to many at the shows I will not be doing the shows next year at all. May be the wettest year has effected me to much, and the mud. Even when the Toy Hauler does arrive we have plans further afield for it, mud should not cause us concerns.

Sue finishes her second and last stint with the NHS at the end of March so we will have more time to do those longer trips we promised we would do.

But the ASPECT at the moment is £22,500 and no offers, and haggle for the other bits.

But I follow your thoughts JJ on this... sound as always. .... I just get worried when it is FBP and football:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was pretty sure you had it all covered Bob...

The only thing you have over looked is the following well known FACT...

Fray Bentos eating football fans sell more RVs privately, quicker and at better prices than the rest... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back