Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just finished sorting the MH after our trip to Wales. We had a week of indifferent weather, but enjoyed our time chilling out & relaxing at "Dylan's" Cwmcuttan CL near Llandovery.
It's a nice quiet rural site with hard standing and all of the basic requirements that you expect of a CL. A bonus for us was the EHU supply, as our Habitation Batteries had almost died on us at Malvern :Angry:

Our stay was enhanced by the company of Movan (Joy) on the next pitch and the helpfulness & friendly disposition of our hosts, Eileen & Mark.

New Battery installed & almost finished packing for a trip to Scotland.Plans are to see the Dolphins at Fortrose, the Highland meet at the Herb Garden and then on to Skye :Smile:

Attachments

• valley-view1.jpg
    valley-view1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 79
  • welsh-cottage1.jpg
    welsh-cottage1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF9487.jpg
    DSCF9487.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 79
  • viaduct.jpg
    viaduct.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 76

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just finished sorting the MH after our trip to Wales. :Smile:

I congratulate you on your expertise with Photoshop. Do you know, had you not told us where the pics were taken I would never have known you'd manually taken out all the raindrops by hand.

You'll probably do the same with some Skye pics later. Have a good trip.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Cwmcuttan is a beautiful site. Enjoyed 4 days there, loved the ducks and the fish in the lake.
Would have liked to do a train trip but too long to leave my dogs :-(

If you like walking and /or cycling, bird watching, train travel, and total peace to relax, this site is just the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Hilary and I, with 3 dogs 2 tortoises and budgie, stayed at Cwmcuttan in February. Gorgeous place and wonderful welcome.

We recommend the Whitehall (Pub and rRstaurant) at the junction of Castle Street and High Street in Llandovery for good, reasonably priced, food - excellent Sunday lunch.

Left in the snow to go to Brynnich (Brecon) and were at Brynnich again when, on the night of 15/16 May, it snowed again - is it us?

Looks lovely in white though.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile: ... and I, too, had a wonderful week at Dylan's. The week was made extra special by Barbara and Dixon and the little Rosie.

Despite the weather I didn't want to come home. The two hosts were so friendly and helpful. Lovely, lovely people. Thank you both. Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Lovely walks and my week was made special too by the animals. Was adopted by a cat called Colin and I was mesmerized by the fish in the pond ... I think they would have jumped into my suitcase if I had held it out to them. Lots of wild birds .. including baby pied wagtails.... Oh, lovely memories.

Attachments

• carp4.jpg
    carp4.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 41
  • colin.jpg
    colin.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
  • lilypond.jpg
    lilypond.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 37
  • ducksevening.jpg
    ducksevening.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 34

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:Smile: ... and I, too, had a wonderful week at Dylan's. The week was made extra special by Barbara and Dixon and the little Rosie.

Despite the weather I didn't want to come home. The two hosts were so friendly and helpful. Lovely, lovely people. Thank you both. Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Lovely walks and my week was made special too by the animals. Was adopted by a cat called Colin and I was mesmerized by the fish in the pond ... I think they would have jumped into my suitcase if I had held it out to them. Lots of wild birds .. including baby pied wagtails.... Oh, lovely memories.

Hi Joy, lovely to see your exquisite wet nose on the fun forum again......:hug: :winky:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
:smile: ... And i, too, had a wonderful week at dylan's. The week was made extra special by barbara and dixon and the little rosie.

Despite the weather i didn't want to come home. The two hosts were so friendly and helpful. Lovely, lovely people. Thank you both. Looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Lovely walks and my week was made special too by the animals. Was adopted by a cat called colin and i was mesmerized by the fish in the pond ... I think they would have jumped into my suitcase if i had held it out to them. Lots of wild birds .. Including baby pied wagtails.... Oh, lovely memories.

who is dixon ?

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Dellwood is Dixon and Barbara

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Thanks lovely people, we love meeting all these great folk who come here and love it as much as we do. Joy, think Colin is missing you and the fish too !
Looks like you got some nice photos too.
You are welcome back any time and next time we will clear a bay in the barn for a mini meet.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Opps sorry forgot to say hope you got Barbara's chair wheel mended Dixon

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
... so you saw ME and didn't say Hello!:cry:

No I did not see either of you:Smile:, didn't know you were in the area. You were close enough to call in and say hello, maybe next time. Ask carol and Eddie what you missed:Smile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks lovely people, we love meeting all these great folk who come here and love it as much as we do. Joy, think Colin is missing you and the fish too !
Looks like you got some nice photos too.
You are welcome back any time and next time we will clear a bay in the barn for a mini meet.
After hearing what everyone has to say about your place I thought we might pay a visit. Is there space there next week?

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back